Tuesday, August 24, 2010

molto bella!



I'm writing this in the midst of despair and exhaustion.
Too many, just toooo many information that I have to fit inside my head.

Today is Counseling 100 second day. The instructor - just like yesterday - gave us a lot of helpful information. Not too many. It's just that hopefully the capacity of my brain would have to cope with that. So what I just did tonight was dropping and added (hopefully) transferable classes.

A little about my apartment so far, well, it's fairly quiet these days.



There were just two desks (the desk shown above is my roommate's, Elda, mine is located in the other side, unseen on the picture) currently sitting at the living room. So as you can see, we barely have anything in the room just now. No couches, but we just set up the TV. Still couldn't turn it on since we had to install the cable network.

Ugh, in Indonesia, once you buy a TV, you can plug it in straight away and you'll get to watch several local TV channels, unless if you want to watch international channels, you got to install cable network.

It's complicated really. >< Anyway just today after the Counseling 100 session, a class that required me to stay fully awake while beating this severe sleepiness for two hours only to get everything inside my head, me and my friends went to Cupertino City Center to watch Eat Pray Love.
Good thing that one of my friends luckily got a free movie ticket after answering a tricky question in her class.

One thing that I didn't know about cinema systems in the US. The usher actually sat right in front of the cinema entrance, unlike in Indonesia, where she (yes, always a 'she' in Indonesia) usually stands by in front of the studio's entrance.
So with a $8.50 ticket (that's like triple he price of movie ticket in Indonesia where it's actually $1.40 only there, tsk tsk) we got to watch movies that we wanted. We're free to enter which studios that offer our preferred movies, and even after one movie finishes, we can watch another movie without having to pay for it anymore.

Cool huh? Would it be better if the price sticks with the Indonesian one while the cinema system sticks with the US one? If that way though, cinema would be my second home. LOL

Anyway, the movie is quite entertaining. I've read the book and even though sometimes this movie has its boring parts especially some conversations in the movie (that my friends mostly dislike that they almost exited the studio).

The cinematography, the food that makes me want to go to Italy and taste those spaghetti alla carbonara etc, the molto bellissimo language, especially the scenery the movie offers are just indulging.





And one more good thing about the movie: it features Indonesia

How great is that? The cinematography was just right and it captured the whole beautiful thing about Bali foreigners should see (like the temple, the roads, the mountains, the paddy fields, the women in their traditional clothing).
Christine Hakim also played a minor role in the movie, but too bad her acting isn't so satisfying.

Once the movie ended, we initiated to watch another one which is The Expendables, a movie famous with its ensemble action-martial arts actors. I didn't watch right until the end, because my mom just happened to text me and said she wanted to go out and that I need to guard the apartment. So I have to exit before the half of the movie.



Okay I wasn't in the photo because I went home earlier like I said. My friends tagged me this picture on Facebook though :)

Have a pleasant day guys!

-----------------------------------
MY BFF FINALLY HAS A BLOG!!
Yeah I once persuaded her to create a poetry blog and she finally did!
Her name is Widya and you should really go see her poems since they're all good.
So I'd like to welcome her to the world of poetry blogging.

irashaimase tomodachi-desu!!

Makna Kata Untukmu dan Untukku

No comments:

Post a Comment