Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Unproductive Weekend

I had to say that last weekend is probably the most unproductive weekend of my entire Art Center history. I usually worked on my homework over the weekend, or at least on Sunday (Sunday is my homework day yay). But forget about last weekend. All I did was chilling, hanging out, eating, and sleeping - it might sound like something most of us do in spare time.

On Friday, after working on Materials homework, Irene, Han, and I had a dinner in Savoy Kitchen. It's a Chinese restaurant in Alhambra widely known for its Hainan Chicken Rice. It feels good to finally get a taste of it after a while not eating it. This particular good has always been one of my favorites back in Indonesia, and everytime I travel to Singapore, I always have this for almost every meal.

By the way, excuse the picture quality. I've been taking pictures using my crappy Blackberry camera feature.



Then we had a dessert in a small, cute cafe D'odici Dessert, owned and run only by a couple who apparently graduated from Art Center. I found their collaboration to be really sweet. The lady was an illustration major and her husband was an environmental major. I even saw some interesting design-y decoration on the wall.

This wall full of purely type really captured my attention. On another wall, they had three massive hand-drawn illustrations. I'll take a picture of them next time I go there.


We had this raspberry-filled cheesecake! It has the soft texture of a sponge cake, the one that just mushed your tongue the moment you eat it. Looks cute huh? Han and Irene each also had a glass of lavender milk. It smells good, but I'm not really into tasting it.


Then on Saturday, I was bored so I went out to see Now You See Me all by myself. I think I have developed this unusual hobby of watching a movie on my own since most of my friends were busy, in a good way (homework, anyone?). Well, at least I should be busy too, but this week is an exception. My workload is surprisingly lighter than usual, up to the point I could really go out the whole weekend and not touching any single homework at all. A class just got cancelled last week so that essentially pushes last week's homework to this week, and I already completed it. Thank goodness the professor didn't add another homework otherwise I'd go mad.

Anyway, watching a movie alone was refreshing and awkward at the same time. I saw a movie alone before two weeks ago (it was the movie Epic, which surprisingly doesn't quite live up to its name, in my opinion). I remember a friend of mine told me that she was getting used to watching movies at the cinemas on her own after going to Art Center, because everyone else just doesn't have time for it anymore. But yeah, it wasn't as bad as I thought, and even better, you don't have that much distraction if you watch a movie on your own!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On Sunday, I had a reunion with two of my junior high friends (Junior high! It's been 8 years!) at a Starbucks at Anaheim. We initially planned on meeting up at Downtown Disney but it would be crowded by the weekend, so we moved to Starbucks.



We definitely had a great time talking, chatting how our lives are, and of course, reminiscing junior high days.

During the conversation, it's funny how it turns out that almost every student in US is having a break at this point, while I'm obviously not. My junior high friends pointed that to me after I told her that I was going to have a morning class the next day. My college indeed has quirky semester schedule. We have three semesters each year and they all have the same length from one to another, which means, if you're taking summer classes, it doesn't necessarily mean it's shorter in length. Summer classes is basically like a summer semester, or spring, or fall.

This is actually a pretty sad fact seeing that I wouldn't be able to hang out much during my semester while all my friends will be having fun on their break. A close friend of mine will also be graduating by the end of this week at UC Davis. His friend - mine too - will be coming all the way from Texas to attend the graduation. The graduation takes place on Sunday, and I have a morning class on Monday. If I go to a regular university that doesn't apply "3 absences and you get an F" rule, I would definitely ditch my Monday class just to get to attend my friend's graduation.

But anyway, I went to Davis on Spring Break, so that was pretty fulfilling...and I had a great time too!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hope it's not too late for me to catch up with Game of Thrones. I know it's Season 3 already and I'm starting, but this is all because of the so-called surprising twist at the season finale. Each episode runs for about an hour, and each season has 10 episodes, so catching up with it shouldn't be a pain.

http://makinggameofthrones.com

Have a great day guys!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is out of topic tapi gw buka2 post an lo jaman dulu and sadar: kita fashion style nya uda berubah banget yah. hahahaa... dari yang tadinya warna-warni nabrak (baca: my cardigan) and cardigan lo, sampe beanie hat lo and trade-mark jaket gw. wahahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL gw warnanya masih bisa dibilang agak dikit nabrak sih soalnya belom sempet belanja. Lo kan lebih sering belanja jadi obviously your fashion sense lebih berkembang kali bu.

      Delete
  2. baru baca ini. salah banget... saya jarang belanja atuh (ngacir)

    ReplyDelete