Wednesday, June 5, 2013

You are cordially invited...

...to the biggest most narcissistic event of the year

I'm just kidding
Well, yeah, this video essentially takes narcissism to the next level.

Yesterday, I was looking through a list of interesting flash websites to find one that's most fitting for my project. It wasn't until I found Museum of Me  out of all links, which is an interactive feature created by Intel in collaboration with Facebook. I actually figured out about this interactive app for quite a while. However, I just found myself mesmerized with it even more this time because these days because, art school life has affected me to appreciate exhibitions and museums. After seeing quite some art galleries and exhibitions, it's great to have one for my own that Intel has brought to life.

Scroll down for video.







Anyway, enough about me. The content is nothing, really.

What even more surprising is that the song composition throughout the video reminds me of Gamelan Jawa/Bali, even taking some elements from Bali's most famous Kecak Traditional Dance. Forget about the content of the video, I was more curious to know who's behind the background song. It turns out the song - Nijiko - was composed by Takagi Masakatsu, who also composed the score for Wolf Children. I wonder why despite the thick Indonesian feel to the song, it has a Japanese title.

I listened to four more different versions of Nijiko on Spotify. They all sound similar, obviously. One that captures me the most is the "Original" version of it. No piano. Just pure Gamelan sound, and that basically sums up that Nijiko is positively influenced by Indonesian culture. Seriously, go to Spotify and look up to Nijiko Original. It's basically listening to Indonesia in a nutshell.

As an art student, I'm also more interested in the process and behind the scene of the app. So I found this video, which I found really captivating. They actually made 3D models of the building and the exhibit interior!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment