Monday, June 3, 2013

Sizzlin'

I'm glad that the semester kicked off pretty well for me. I got to make new friends and managed my workload pretty well, even though at some points procrastination just had to come to play.

This semester, I surprisingly met a lot more Indonesian students at my school this semester. Some are even students who started at the same term as I did, but I never got a chance to meet them. Before the semester even started, I met two new Indonesian students while I was doing peer mentor - one guy and one girl. How I became acquainted with them was pretty awkward though, since whenever I spotted them around, I couldn't help but to strongly assume that they're Indonesians just from seeing their faces. This was proven true when they finally got to speak Bahasa with each other while I was nearby.

Indonesian students at my school are pretty much all over the place, but we never flop at one spot in the cafeteria and chat with a super loud voice from across the room (sounds like people that I know?). So you get to imagine what it's like to find one among the haystack of Art Center community, and you can finally let your tongue loose by speaking your native language :)


Anyway, this semester, I made friends with Irene and Ivy. Irene is my classmate from Materials Class and she's from Korea, while Ivy is Irene's friend that Irene got to introduce to me. It's awesome that we got along so well even though we haven't met that many times. Last weekend, we met up in Gaon Korean BBQ Restaurant in Pasadena for dinner.

Irene is really skilled in cooking all these BBQ.


During the dinner chat, I figured out that Ivy also came from Bay Area! She also happens to know the college where I transferred from! it's surprising because I actually don't get to meet a lot of people from Bay Area. Most of the people that I know here are basically from all around SoCal.




Okay, that's it for today. I'm not sure why my English is being crappy right now. Probably just some effect of being sleepy. See you guys next post!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment