Thursday, August 5, 2010

H-3: DJ, Put it back on!

Despite its title, this post has nothing to do with SNSD nor their song, Genie, at all. I just feel like entitling this post with a song lyric.
As I have mentioned days before in the previous posts, I was going to have a concert held at PIM 2.

Anyway, the concert went well.
There were some troubles approaching the D-day, that the concert was firstly to be held on Sunday, August 8, 2010 but my friend and I wouldn't be able to attend because I was leaving to the US and my friend would attend an Islamic boarding school. Actually, Sunday wasn't a bad choice for a concert to be held, because there would be bunch of people watching instead of being held in weekdays. But well, guess it's not our chance to have loads of audience. Better luck next time pals.

Even on the D-day, our teacher didn't come and we were extremely disappointed with his absence. He only sent us a text message to encourage us. Very much appreciated, sir *sarcastically*.
Before the performance, we had a quick last rehearsal in the electone classroom.



The song was Rondo Alla Turca and we were all dressed in yellow shirts instead of black elegant ones because:
  1. It was a casual concert, open for public
  2. We were the only teens, aka the oldest in the session. Wouldn't have we looked much much much older than the other casual-wearing kids if we had worn black, slightly formal elegant outfit?
After the performance, we took some backstage pictures...









This is the stage, after our performance.



Remember how I whined that the committee didn't pay us despite us helping them promote their products. I guess now I know the reason.

In the end, I figured out why they didn't pay us: because we were the only teens in the concert. Four of us were the only teens, the rest were kids. I mean, are there any people going to pay kids for performing??
I'm sure the kids won't understand either why they are paid to do something. And of course, the kids don't have any bank accounts yet, so the money eventually would be kept by their parents. Kids perform, parents got the advantage.

After the show, I was picked up by my dad and we had a quick dinner at Sushi Tei. He had some sort of yasai something. It's basically like a mixed fried veggies.



Tasted darn good. As for me, I had a tsukimi udon, which is a bowl of udon with half-fried egg on it.



So that's a wrap for today. I'm going to post the last part of Taiwan Trip pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment