Saturday, August 14, 2010

august meteor shower

Yodelayyheehooo...
How's everybody doing today??

Still no specific documentary posts or such. I haven't had time uploading all the pics to this computer. I'm still in the 'moving in' stage, and yesterday I've loaded my single bed to my apartment.
Perseid meteor shower happened two days ago and could be visibly seen from the West coast of America, but too bad I missed it.

Anyway, just a short story despite no pictures.

Two days ago, prior to loading stuff to our apartment, Elda and I went out without our parents, getting to know the ropes of the city we're going to live in for the next few months. Indeed, we're foreigners, and there's a huge possibility for us to get lost while traveling by ourselves in this small town.

Just so you know, it's a small town here I'm talking about. Cupertino is a small town, and it's another huge possibility that you get to be in the same bus with someone you recognize. In my case, my family got in the same bus with my friend's dad but we hardly noticed each other. Also, I happened to be in the same bus with my dad, but he happened to sit on the back seat.

Anyway, back to my traveling story with Elda.

We wanted to get to Mitsuwa marketplace located not far from our hotel. But despite its location, we needed to take two buses, and eventually, we needed to walk for four blocks from the junction to the marketplace.

On the second bus heading to the marketplace, Elda asked two high school students about the direction to Mitsuwa, but they had no idea. A lady later happened to notice our conversation with the high school students and moved to the seat in front of Elda and mine and asked.
"What did you guys ask about?"
We told her that we wanted to get to Mitsuwa but we had no idea how to get there, but then she told us that we needed to get off in the next junction and had to walk from there for a few blocks before reaching our destination.

What even more surprising was, she pulled the cord to stop the bus right before the bus stopped in the particular junction. She later told us that it was the junction we needed to get off. But then, she didn't get off the bus as well! I thought she stopped the bus because she wanted to get off as well at the same spot, but she did that for us!!!

We profusely thanked her though in the end


Anyway, I have a skype right now. The logo is unnecessary, but I feel the need to add it here since this post would be too plain without pictures.
But having skype means = having the ability to contact our beloved ones at home via webcam, free calls, and convo, stuff like that :)

Have a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment