Friday, August 27, 2010

The City by the Bay

Beware of the picture spam in this post

Just yesterday I did a one day trip to San Francisco again, purposely to accompany my mom to go shopping and sightseeing for the second time, because - if you paid attention to the post before - we sort of weren't satisfied yet with our previous trip. But this trip excluded my dad since he returned home a few days earlier, and also Elda.


Away we go

Again, my mom and I took the Caltrain from Sunnyvale to San Francisco and we arrived right on the lunch time. Anyway, we decided to go to the famous landmark of the city first, which is the Golden Gate Bridge (we didn't get to go there in our previous trip though).





Fyi, I realized that I forgot to bring the guide book and map because we were sort of in a hurry to catch the train.

Luckily I installed Google Maps immediately to my phone and eventually it worked! I really thanked this application for preventing me to get lost despite for not bringing the map and such, because it also gave out the directions to get from one place to another one and what bus we should take.


Nationalism


Looking at the bridge

San Francisco was colder than the last time we went here, and windy, so that made things even worse. Even worse, I wore a piece of thin cardigan as a jacket... ~___~ It was even more torturing having to wait for at least fifteen minutes for the bus (okay it didn't sound like so long but waiting for the bus in a shadeless and bench-less bus stop blown by the freaking cold wind? Now that's another story).




Help, I don't know which way to go

However, I love this trip even more even though I only spent only a couple of hours in this gorgeous city (my mom didn't want to miss the bus in the late evening so we had to catch the train early), for I got to take more pictures.

Little time, many places to go, but luckily my mom and I didn't get lost. All thanks to this Google Maps installed to my blackberry. LOL.


Coffee time in Frisco



Anyway later on, we went to Fisherman's Wharf again for a stroll, explored a bit more than the previous trip this time and got to capture a lot of intriguing sights around me and I had a quick late lunch with calamary and fries, with, unfortunately no picture of the food, since I was too busy eating it. Yum. Despite its small portion, apparently the price for all the fingerpick seafood is quite expensive.

I haven't got a chance to taste the famous Clam Chowder of Pier 39. It was sold at the same seafood depot where I bought calamary and fries with a quite reasonable price which is $3.00. However, at that moment I was extremely hungry that I didn't think that the portion would be enough for me. *oh greedy me* -__-


Pier 39


Reach for the sky




Keep an eye on you






Sewing



Oh yeah this city possessed lots of interesting photography object :D, especially the streets. Union Square so far has the best photography shots since it kinda resembled a small version of New York, with also some branded goods like Nine West, Louis Vuitton, and Zara. Definitely a paradise for heavy branded shoppers.

I spotted this pair of ankle boots in Nine West with a discount price and felt so tempted to purchase those but...even with a discount, they're still a bit too expensive -__- Maybe next time.




The food must be somewhere here


Waiting for the bus


Bike crossing


It's crowded









So hope you're indulged enough the pictures I posted today. I'm pretty satisfied with how they turned out to be, and that my photography skills have improved despite having no tutors at all.

Anyway, my mom and I quickly caught the 5.30 pm train and headed straight back home to Sunnyvale. It was an exhausting day but finally - at least finally - I got to see the famous red bridge instead.

Sorry I'm babbling, but it's getting late and seems like I'm writing this as my eyes are beginning to close -____-

No comments:

Post a Comment