Saturday, August 14, 2010

overheated

Yeaaahhh
Finally a quality post is up!! Along with pictures of my life here in the USA so far.

These pictures are taken from my phone though. I haven't uploaded the ones from my camera. Even I haven't taken much pictures from my camera these days.

The picture you see above is quite a mess, eh?
That's because I've just finished studying mathematics for the day after tomorrow's orientation/placement test. Still I have no idea what the orientation would be, but this nice counselor told me and Elda that one of its orientation activities would be placement or assessment test.
Whatever you call it.

It feels good though, to review everything from the beginning of my thick math exercise book (it was a compilation of my math exercise book starting from my high school freshman year up until the 12th grade).

I felt like going back to the phase where I felt so stressed prior to National Examination, but this placement test won't take much of the depression. It's a PLACEMENT test after all. No failing or winning.
Just finding which class you'd be good at.
Still, hardwork is required to achieve the best position

But aahh..my head!!! I've studied for three hours nonstop only with a burger, fries, and a cup of coffee!!! My head's on fire!!!



The blue picture you see above IS NOT A PHOTOSHOP TRICK. I didn't use paint bucket to make the canvas look totally blue as what you might assume.
While waiting for the bus at the bus stop, I got distracted by the beautiful cloudless sky (the sky in Jakarta always looks dull and cloudy). But the sky here is just so different, with hardly not a single cloud seen.

Ah, this one's not so important. It's just my daily food I buy at Panda Express, a fast food restaurant selling rice and stuff. The portion is sooo huge!! In Indonesia, I usually eat like one and a half scoop of rice, but here, you get like three scoops of rice.
Almost double the portion!
I'm still not getting used to not eating rice every single day. Oh my Indonesian trait. -___-

Even more surprising (or scary) I find myself finishing all the three scoops of rice along with their side dishes. Appetite's rising? Possible. But I need fat, and this place seems to be a good one for me to obtain more fat.

--------------------------
Forgot to say...
HAPPY FASTING FOR ALL MOSLEMS :)
Fight the temptations!

Apparently no Ramadhan vibe here at all. It's going to take a good deal of determination to beat the temptations in this place, IF I'm fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment