Sunday, June 13, 2010

GRADUATION DAY

Saturday was the most memorable day of my life, ever.
The students of Tarakanita 1 High School entered Hotel Sultan still as fresh graduates, and exited as officially alumnis of the school. I've never been so ecstatic in my life. June 12, 2010 was the most anticipated and the most un-anticipated day at the same time. We all had waited for the moment, but didn't expect it to come so soon.







I wouldn't say much here. In short the event was fantastic! Too bad the pictures taken by my camera didn't produce high quality images (anymore). I'd really like to post some pictures uploaded by my friends, but they belonged to them so...

Beware of the picture spam below :)





























Tell me, you've seen students graduating by wearing those typical graduation caps or maybe those who also wear batik outfit, haven't you? But have you actually ever seen graduated students wearing simply school uniforms BUT with pink roses crowns on their heads??

Kudos to the committees for the unique concept!



Endah and Rhesa, the rising (indie) singers also made a surprise performance. I'd heard their song in the radio before but seeing them performing life was just epic :D

It was simply a night of surprises. Lots of surprises. Thank God I got the first rank in my department - Language Science. My heart stopped beating the moment my name came out in the announcement of ranks. But I sure would like to thank all of you girls whole heartedly, for being great academic partners and true friends at the same time. You girls rock!! Also for the teachers for their dedications throughout the three years.

Anyway what is more surprising for me is that, the trophy that I got is actually the first individual trophy for me ever. I've got actually like two trophies but I got them from winning group contests. So, it's cool to finally have my own trophy, eventually.



Other surprises came from both teachers and students.

Teachers made a surprising fashion show, making an entrance to the catwalk in pairs, dressing in traditional outfits. Another surprise came from my friends who managed to show a movie which criticized the school's system and everything that the school needs to fix.
Even there were these dancing sessions for teachers and students. So the dancer tutor called out teachers and students to come to the dance floor following his choreography. LOL

It was a really magnificent event! It wasn't as formal as I expected it to be. Turned out it became a party after the dinner break! The lights were turned on, balloons were released, tears and cries were all mixed, blended into one emotional atmosphere at the end of the party.



Congratulations girls!
We did it! It's been a fabulous night! What a night to end these sweet three years. Looking forward to see you in another time in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment