Sunday, June 20, 2010

Movies!!

Long holiday means more time to watch movies! So yes, I got to watch quite loads of movie this holiday.

One of the movies that impressed me so much is Death Bell. I know it's type of horror/thriller movie, the one that most of people will avoid to watch. At first I was interested to watch it due to Kim Bum's starring in it. Have I mentioned that lately I got star struck with him after watching Star Date on KBS? He's such a gentleman and who doesn't love that sweet smile on his delicate face?

Anyway, I still can't decide whether Death Bell is a horror or a thriller. Since it kind of shows ghosts in the movie, but turns out the ghosts aren't actually involved in the plot. So I guess it's safe to say half horror half thriller.

The story tells about a school which has an elite class, containing all the smartest students in the school. When a sister school plans for a visit on holiday, the school holds an extra class only for these smart students. But before they know it, one of the students goes missing and turns out she's murdered sadistically, by being drowned inside a fish tank.

Her murdering process is shown through the classroom's TV. This female protagonist played by Nam Gyu-Ri and her partner played by Kim Bum, decided to solve the mystery, as the students and their teachers are trapped at school. Soon they discover that the murder goes on in order of the ranks of the students. Nam Gyu-Ri's character is ranked fifth, meaning she must stop this whole crazy killings in the school before her turn comes.

I'm not so sure if I like the ending. It didn't turn out as expected. But anyway, I like the whole plot and the acting of the actors. Pretty entertaining. There isn't much blood, so for those who can't stand the sight of blood, you can actually watch this movie.

One more movie!!!!!

I'm sure most of you have watched or at least heard about Ninja Assassin. Yes, that Hollywood movie starring the famous Korean entertainer Rain. I was interested to watch it not because of Rain in it though (not the way I was interested to watch Death Bell since there's Kim Bum in it). I heard that one of MBLAQ's members, Lee Joon, played the younger version of Rain's character. I first spotted him on Star Golden Bell variety show on KBS, and soon after hearing he played a role in Ninja Assassin, I was interested to watch the movie.

The story's a bit more complicated than Death Bell. It's not a horror movie, but the blood's tad a bit too much. In short, the movie tells about Raizo, who's raised in a Ninja clan called Ozunu. He's originally trained to be a killer and soon becomes one of the best ninjas in the group. But when one day he discovers his love interest being killed by the head of the clan, Raizo starts to doubt the existence of the clan and intends to run away.

Lee Joon is freaking awesome in the movie! Really, I'm not being biased. I love how his English is pronounced very well despite the fact that it's not his first language. His acting is no doubt, as well as Rain's.

No comments:

Post a Comment