Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Posh Wedding + a comic strip as a bonus ^_^

Hey guys! Happy Thursday!! How's everyone doing today?
I don't know if I've said this before, but did I mention about Dian Sastro's wedding? Guess I have. Well, finally we've come to that moment. Yes, I'm finally able to post the stories, reports, and the exclusive pictures only on the Big Escapades (OK, do I start to sound like Ryan Seacrest on E! News? O_O)

Never mind.

So anyway, you ask, how did I get invited and even get to attend a celebrity's posh wedding? Actually it's my uncle. Apparently he was a friend or a relative to Dian's parents or her husband's. So darn lucky that he got invited, but too bad he couldn't attend since he had to go abroad for a few days. Later he happened to leave the invitation to the hand of my aunt (his wife's daughter-in-law) and my younger cousin, Monika. They asked me to join the them attending the party. I was like, why not? It's a celebrity's wedding, anyway. I didn't quite expect to spot any celebrities in the venue. Monika sort of wished she could at least encounter Nicholas Saputra (who doesn't want to meet him anyway? LOL).

Well, here goes the invitation.



The only special of it was a special attendance card that needs to be filled out by the guests to gain an access to the wedding reception. So my aunt filled it out using her name. I was a bit worried that since it was a celebrity's wedding, the staff would check out her name on a provided guests' list, and when they didn't find the name, they'd kick us out.

We arrived in JCC under the pouring rain. Well, it wasn't exactly raining though. It was a storm, with thunder flashing the sky. OK, let me tell you something out of topic. When we entered the complex of Gelora Bung Karno, many cars lined up towards JCC. So you can imagine that we were stuck in the middle of the storm, in a traffic jam.

While being stuck in the jam, we happened to pass Lapangan D Senayan. Just so you know, it was the venue of my last school's event. Same storm with flashing lightnings, roaring thunders, and heavy rain struck the venue.



And I sort of felt de ja vu at that moment. I mean, the moment when I looked out to the window of the car, staring at the venue in the pouring rain.

Let's get back to business.

Entering the venue wasn't so complicated as we expected it would be. All we needed to do was just submitting the attendance card and we got the access to the wedding right after that. Only the entrance was divided into two. One for "commoners" aka non-celebrities aka non-VIP, and the other entrance was for those VIP guests, including officials. So you can imagine that us - non-VIPs - needed to line up this super loooong queue while the path next to us was completely spacious, with only a few tall people in elaborate dresses and outfits entering the venue.

The music of the wedding was performed by Idol Divo, which consisted of four Indonesian Idols: Mike, Delon, Lukky, and I didn't recognize the last one. Too bad I didn't take a picture of them. I was eating at the moment while watching, and told Monika that i would prefer KRY performing. LOL





The place got many pretty flowers!

As far as I was concerned, I didn't spot any celebrities. I didn't know how they looked like because all the guests just happened to blend in. Though I caught a glimpse of Becky Tumewu. Haha.

I wasn't surprised to see anyone famous here. But one thing that I was surprised of:
I SPOTTED THREE OF MY SCHOOL TEACHERS. *gasps*
They were right besides me while I was eating and I happened to be the first to greet them. They went like "What are you doing here?"

Oh anyway, I shouldn't have been surprised. Dian Sastro used to go to my school like ten years ago. And the three teachers that I encountered seemed to have taught her way back when. No wonder.



Then we spent most of our time snapping pictures Dian Sastro and her husband on the dais

Too bad we didn't get to congratulate the happy newlywed couple and their parents on the dais due to the effin' long queue that hardly moved every two minutes. We were desperate while lining up that we decided to go home before it was too late.





We ate a bit more before exiting the venue, where reporters and cameramen standing by outside. Their heads perched up that I was sure they must be looking for a celebrity to come out to be interviewed. You know, that infotainment thingy. While we were waiting for our car to arrive at the lobby, I had my chance taking pictures of the paparazzi. Not long after that, a lady in red came out and the blinding lights of the camera and its blitz flashing. Aha, a celebrity. She looked familiar though, but I didn't recognize her name. Turned out that she was Yati Oktavia, I knew her name after I showed my maids the picture that I snapped.

Seeing the chronological pictures that I snapped about paparazzi waiting for a celeb to come out, I decided to make a four column of comic strip. Enjoy :D

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF PAPARAZZIS
By Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment