Friday, May 28, 2010

hello mellow

Mm... I don't know why I'm feeling very melancholy these days and at the same time, my imagination practically runs wild and free, and these ideas of making surreal and impossible stories that reflect my life keep coming.

Actually it all began with the good news that came that day. I know, I should've been ecstatic in response to that. So guess what the good news is:

I was accepted to Art and Design major of Binus International University, achieving the first rank.

Ha, there it goes.
I know it sounds fascinating, even if for a girl who aims to study in that major. However there are some reasons why I should have been excited to respond to that good news:
1. I'm into general art, not into specific fields of arts such as graphic design, fine art, multimedia, photography, etc. I just love arts in general. Seeing Binus International offers a major that studies all of them, including graphic design, fine arts, history of arts, multimedia, and everything, I feel like I should really apply to that major, which thankfully, I ended up getting accepted.

2. I applied to the international program, which offers its students to continue their studies abroad in the second or third year. So basically I'll spend a year here, in Indonesia, which means I still have plenty of time to spend with my family and friends.

3. I got the first rank, for God's sake. It offers lower tuition free than the rest of the ranks. It's like...getting a scholarship, only different.
Tough decision right?

While in the other side, I was also accepted to DeAnza College far away in San Jose, California, which promises wider and broader opportunities and vacancies as a designer than in Jakarta.

Well, I'm a pretty family person. So you can imagine how it feels like if I'm away from my parents. Imagine how homesick I'll feel if I'm away later on, off to study abroad. Hmmfff....

Actually I've been observing the amount of students studying abroad too, which turns out, most of them (well, actually all of them as far as I'm concerned) have at least a brother or sister already residing at the particular country. So I'm sure those students won't feel lonely or homesick anymore. Even if they do, they always have these shoulders to lean on, which belong to their siblings.

While I'm the only child in the family, and I do have a cousin living and working in New York. But California to New York? Wow, that takes like six hours of flight, doesn't it?

Humm...I don't know just yet. I'm currently torn between two choices. Really, I envy those fictional characters that have this ability to duplicate themselves. I wonder if it really happened, maybe the original me will have to choose to study in Binus and tells my duplicate to go to California in the other hand.

Ah never mind. Haha.

Also, this Monday, I finally get to go to Singapore, with a couple of friends.
Unfortunately I didn't get the same departure flight with them. I got the departure flight two hours late from theirs, which means, I'm going to have to go through all the procedures in the airport, paying all the airport tax, ON MY OWN!

Boy, my mom and dad really determine to drill me to be independent. -_- But anyway, it's going to be my first abroad trip without my parents. Hopefully I'll get to learn something new at least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment