Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kota Tua Tour

A quality post! Finally!!

This early May, my friends and I decided to fill out our leisure time by going on tour to Kota Tua. Fascinating indeed. I've been there before, last year on my school's city tour, but I'm excited to finally get a chance of going there again.

We took a busway ride from Blok M terminal to Kota (downtown) in the morning. It took a while me to find the terminal though, since it turned out to be located underground. WTH.

Arriving at Kota, we quickly found our ways to our first museum which was Museum Bank Mandiri. Seriously, since all buildings there looked the same, we almost mistook Museum Bank Mandiri as Museum Bank Indonesia. Well, I recommended my friends to visit Museum BI, since it was very cutting-edge with all the modern technology equipped to display the exhibits.

Anyway, we entered Museum Bank Mandiri eventually.
The admission is free :)

The museum was effin' hot and thus, we got all sweaty inside. The fan set in the room didn't even help. So the point is, to be honest, the museum was boring and dusty too. -__-





In the other side, the museum was quite exciting as well, since it got many, many rooms for exhibits and interesting items from the past, ranging from rooms that resembled a jail (there were only four of us entering the quiet room, so you can imagine all the spook) to an auditorium filled with woods and stuffs from the past. They might look like normal woods and metals, but they all dated back to the year of forty-something! Cool.



Not to mention nice objects and hallways as photography objects. Turned out we were busy snapping pictures likely we were having some sort of photoshoot instead of observing the exhibits.





Haha, I honestly love this picture above. See the way my friend Widya (on the lower part of the stairs) stares at Agnes. I feel the sparks of...well, forget it. LOL

Oh, did I mention that the mention even got a mini playground!



And you know the best part is...

We found a separate room, a dining room to be exact, complete with vintage-y looking chairs and huge rectangular table. The whole dining set was said to belong to a noble back in the past.

But no, it wasn't the dining set that we were excited to see. At the corner of the room, there was this other thing that excited us. Not another historical item. You see this everyday and maybe you have it in your house. It was...AC. Yeah, we were that desperate to find fresh air in the damp museum, and when we found that AC, we all felt very...safe at last. LOL.



Holy AC!

I told my friends that Museum Bank Indonesia was much more interesting than this museum. So we finally moved on to the next museum, which was located right next to Museum Bank Mandiri.

Once the automatic door (heck, it's got an automatic sliding door!!) opened, the cool air from the inside blasted through us. The entire room was equipped with AC!!

The admission is, again, free. This is the museum that I once visited back in October 2009 (I'll be sure to post the story of my city tour later). The first time I went to that museum, my jaw dropped in both excitement and disbelief. The fact is, I've never ever visited a museum so cutting-edge with all modern technology! That was back in October. But now, I felt like a tour guide leading several friends who hadn't been here before.



I kind of expected to watch a movie in its theatre that was located once we entered the exhibition room, since I skipped that part last time. But too bad, the movie wasn't playing at that moment, so I had to skip it again.

The whole museum tour began with fun! Before we entered the theatre, there was this dark room with projectors reflecting on the wall, displaying flying pennies. If we got to catch one of them by our bare hands on the wall, the details about the penny would appear.

The exhibition room was set likely a maze, with sounds, animations, colorful rooms, and everything was designed based on the chronology of our nation's story. Started from 15th century, exactly on Portuguese colonial, and moving to the present.





Approaching the end of the maze, we stumbled upon a game where we had to drag animated letters to form a word. We were even helped by this nice security guy.



Overall, I love this museum! So...cool (hehe, I'm talking about the atmosphere) and sight-refreshing! It wasn't like any other museums whose exhibits were dusty and damp or anything. Just love it!

After our visit to Museum Bank Indonesia, we had lunch nearby, catching sights of Japanese tourists which excited my friend :) Then we got back to our Blok M and went back home. It was such a fun day! Can't wait for another non-mall tour with my friends.


Charlie's Angels much?

No comments:

Post a Comment