Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Holiday Cooking Project: Bibimbap

FINALLY
I got to cook bibimbap yesterday, with the guidance of Ehow recipe that I printed out!
The final result looks quite awful. I don't know how Korean people will react to my version of Bibimbap, because, to be honest, I've never tasted the real Bibimbap just yet.

Just looking at the pictures on internet are enough to make me drool or at least I get the picture of how it looks like. Basically it looks like a normal mixed rice, except that you put in loads of soysauce and sesame oil just to make it tastier.

These are the ingredients to make Bibimbap:


Sesame Oil and 3/4 cup of soysauce
I didn't know which type of soysauce the recipe meant, but I just went with the salty one


Vegetables
In this case, I chose shredded carrots, bean sprouts, enoki mushrooms, cabbages, and shitake mushrooms.

And the rest are basically meat (you can choose either beef, chicken, or pork, but in this case, I chose chicken instead) and two eggs. No need of the pictures. You get the idea, at least, don't you? Actually you can also replace meat with tofu if that's possible.

Since this is my first time experimenting with food that I've never tasted before, and I've only seen through pictures on the internet, I decided to depend myself in a whole to the recipe. So basically I just did what was said in the recipe.

In addition, the recipe said: MODERATELY EASY for the level of cooking Bibimbap.

So here's how to make it :)

Step 1: First I heated the sesame oil with half of the 3/4 cup of soysauce to the skillet.


Step 2:
Then I put in the vegetables, mixed it with preferable meat. Then I broke the two eggs and sizzled it, just like making scrambled egg.

Note: In my case, I decided to add monosodium glumatate (like Sasas or Ajinomoto) and a small amount of salt, just in case the soysauce and the sesame oil didn't work quite enough.


Step 3: Last but not least, I put the cooked vegetables aside and took a bowl of rice. It depends on the amount of portions you want to make. Then, I placed the mixed vegetables on top of the rice.


VOILA!!
맛있는 (Delicious) or not? Hehe, you decide

I really need to go to a Korean restaurant to get the real taste of the real Bibimbap. T_T

No comments:

Post a Comment