Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Have you made your reservation here?



www.hotel626.com
Please make your reservation
And enjoy the fright overnight

Just played this thing called Hotel 626. It's a so-called horror online game that can only be played from 6pm to 6am.

However if you're pretty scared of playing it in the dark, you can still play it in the day but you'll need to switch the time on your computer screen to be able to play the game. Hotel 626 recommends its "guests" (us players) to provide webcams, microphones, and headset to boost up the excitement and spook. However, as for my case, at first I obviously really wanted to play it in the day

(ghosts + screams + horror atmosphere + scary,grotesque face + chills + dark=REAL SCARED. yes I'm a coward).

But in the other hand, I'd like to use webcams, microphones, and headset as well to feel the real creep, and the only computer in my house that provide all of them is only my laptop. I can actually connect to the internet with that gadget (the way I'm using it right now to blog) but the thing is, the wifi that's connected to my laptop always goes *BLINK* on at night.

So, I have no other choice but to feel the real creep in the night.

Don't worry, I've come up with solutions to get over my fear:

1. I asked my dad to come to my room, accompanying me playing although he himself will watch a funny talkshow on TV and even better, he even turned up the TV volume. So you can imagine I was facing a dark, scary scheme with some people's laughter in the background

2. Blogging - I hope - can be one of the solutions to get over it

3. Watching funny stuffs, especially things that have to do with Kpop reality shows like Star Golden Bell, Star King, etc, just to make sure I can sleep thinking about Kang Hodong instead of the madman on Hotel 626

And I haven't felt the creep, just yet, since I shrunk the window that displayed the game.


Small enough, or still too big?

I did get through some distractions, like suddenly in the middle of the deep sounds of footsteps or horrifying breath, suddenly, the video streaming on Youtube just blasted its voice. At first I was surprised to know that in the middle of this frigid situation in the game, such sound would come up. I was like, is it part of the game? So weird. But then I found out that it's not.

Anyway, I did catch glimpses of a scary girl floating on the air in an abandoned bathroom, in a scene where we should snap a picture of a ghost. Thank God, I shrunk the window and ended up never being able to get the picture. I've seen the trailer featuring that scene and since I hadn't known about it, I kept watching it in full screen...not until that thing came up and filled my whole screen showing his pale face, tongue stuck out, and white eyes.

Think of the handsome ghost in my novel, think of the handsome ghost in my novel, think of the handsome ghost in my novel, think of the handsome ghost in my novel.............

I almost forgot one thing. We didn't have to finish all 10 levels. We can actually skip it when it comes to "Try Again" after failing to do the task. The option "Skip" is located right under the "Try Again" button. So I kept skipping and the only parts I could finish off were

  • First, the part where we walked down the staircases (we kept on walking and walking) and then you can spot a door at the staircase. I clicked the door (after the third or fourth attempt, because if you didn't click the door, you'd keep on walking down the stairs and the next thing you'll see is, you fall down to the depth of darkness, apparently the stairs were broken midway, creating a hole you can't see)

    See? That part was easy and no ghosts or any kind of grosteque faces popping out to scare the heck out of me.

  • The second level I could finish was the level where I had to find my own face captured by the webcam. Look at the picture above. I was probably the only player who put up a "huh" face instead of a creeped looking one with a black background like other players. And it seems like I'm also the only one who played the game with the light on.


    See other photos and compare the expressions of the people with mine
    Such a contrast eh? My face is completely bland while others...
    well, you see how they look by yourself

  • The third level, which was level 9, where you'd receive a phone call (no, not a real phone call, don't look at your cellphone) and a guy over it would tell you the way out. You'd be seen walking down the hallways with the guy's voice guiding you where to go. He'll be saying. "Turn right, left..." (ooh thank you, guy-over-the-phone! Despite your frigid voice that sent chills, I appreciated your help so that I could finish this friggin' last stage!!). Then you'll find an exit door
Then, the ending...the part I'd been waiting for, was where you'd find yourself exiting through the door and went up to your parked car. When you were about to start off the engine, you glanced at the rearview mirror and found..........

Won't spill it out here ^^


This is the hallway that leads you to your horrid adventure

When I played the game, I thought, well, it wasn't as scary as I expected it to be. Maybe because I'd seen the trailer on Youtube (that's the only moment when I screamed out seeing that ugly face coming out. I wasn't unaware of any shock at that moment, just yet) and my friends spilled some spoilers.

I haven't felt the chill yet though I did feel agitated playing it, but soon I will. Maybe one day I'll play it the real dark, in the night or the day, well, at least I will play the game for real, without the skipping parts.

If I've had the chance to gather more guts.

If I've finished the game for real, going through each stages, I might probably spoil some guides how to play the game here. But no promises :D

No comments:

Post a Comment