Wednesday, May 12, 2010

PUNK'D much?

Hey guys! How're you guys doing? I've been quite good these days. Except that today, despite the premiere of Super Junior's new MV "Bonamana" in SM's Youtube channel, I'm starting to have a monthly stomacache. Hopefully it won't go worse till the rest of the day.

Anyway, I've promised myself not to spam my blog with stuffs about Super Junior. Instead, I'm going to post about the fantastic event that just happened in my house just this weekend. I'm not really sure what to call it in Bahasa, but it's actually similar to employees getting promoted, president getting inaugurated, a queen getting coronated. You get the picture? OK, I'll go with the term "Inauguration".

So this inauguration is usually held by each school's extracurricular approaching the end of the term, in a casual form, meaning it can be held out of school. The event is actually directed towards the freshmen with stuffs, rules, and regulations organized by the seniors. Also this event isn't supposed to have twelfth graders (or graduates) like me involved. But I was willingly offering my house as a venue.


Me and my "daughter" aka successor :)


The eleventh graders


The freshmen

Okay, maybe this might sound odd to you, but this inauguration is likely different like any other that you may have heard. You know teenagers, we do not apply formal rules and regulations about what the candidates should do before being inaugurated. Instead, we have our own rules and way of holding an inauguration. No, it's not like what you've seen on Obama's inauguration.

With four out of six freshmen attended (the two of them were absent), three twelfth graders, and three eleventh graders, we started the event with games, where the four freshmen were divided into two teams.

Each was given scrambled puzzles that should be arranged. One of the team members was blindfolded and the other one was not. The task might sound easy, which was of course, to arrange the puzzle. But the challenge was, the blindfolded team member should be the one to do that, only with the direction of the other team member. The direction should be given in English, to make the game even more challenging.


The puzzle game!


Blindfolded doesn't help?

During the game, us seniors even tried to distract the freshmen by playing songs from our phones very loud and even yelled at them. All but to distract the concentrations of the girls. Poor girls.


The Biscuit Commercial dance

The next game is very funny! It's actually called " *insert name here* says". I'm sure you all get the idea. If a name is mentioned and it gives a direction to the players, they should do what the name asks. But if the direction is given without mentioning the name, the players must not do it. At first I thought it was going to be so-so, but then, when the direction was getting more extreme, it turned out effin' hilarious, especially when they had to dance a silly commercial biscuit dance on TV. They'd done a great job by imitating it in exact ways.


LUNCH TIME! :P

The freshmen were very shy! Or at least that's what I thought they were. They ate a little despite a huge plate of fries served on the table (with pizza and fried sausages too). Although I'd tried to persuade them to eat more, they were still hesitant. Aww..

We also had a random game, where each freshmen should pick a folded paper and should do the task implied there. One of them is given another "imitating" task, but good for her, she's really so darn good in imitating people. It brought us all to laughter! Another one should dance to a Kpop song and she chose to dance to SNSD's Gee. *Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby*

What else? We also played the spinning chairs, using more Kpop songs as the playlist. Geez, I have a feeling we should really establish a sub-club, KC (Korean Club)



Anyway, I don't understand why these freshmen kept their heads down and put on that blank expression all over their faces. Whatever. At least we were having fun :)

Moving on to the climax of the event, we ushered the freshmen to the yard in a unique way, by lining up in a row and closed the companion in front of them's eyes. So yes, us seniors slowly guided the freshmen with their eyes closed, towards the yard. I was pretty sure they didn't know where we were ushering them to. Anyway.


..... o_O

Arriving at the yard, another yelling session started. Don't worry. We're only acting. No intends to bully or whatsoever. Have we told you guys that we - seniors - are talented actors? (haha, so not true) But yes, we weren't yelling for real. We practically felt like actors reciting lines but this time, it was done spontaneously. After the yard-yelling session done, we ushered them to the outdoor garage for the climax.

The freshmen, still with their eyes closed, were getting yelled even more and more. But only worse. We sort of humiliated them, blamed them even though we all knew they didn't do something wrong.


The bossy lady

I had quite fun with this, not because I love yelling and sort of thing. I consider myself as a compassionate person and no, it's not that I'm thinking this subjectively but my friends do think about me the same way. Maybe they were a bit surprised that the "devil" inside me finally unleashed itself. But at least you get the picture. I love them, and I wouldn't dare to yell at them for real.

But really, I arranged my expression, pouted, and put on an angry face without the freshmen seeing it. I felt like playing an antagonist in a movie. Woohoo... But really, after I recited one or two angry lines, my expression loosened and I chuckled lightly to my friend, and I was like. "How did I do? Good enough for an amateur actress?"

I'm sure it must have felt reallllly long for the freshmen to be yelled at, because apparently I felt the same way. The freshmen didn't even move. They just stood there with their eyes closed, aching feet, and tears that ALMOST spilt. But seeing their expressions, I knew they just wanted to cry, for real.


The twelfth graders that just arrived! You're late, ladies

Finally, coming to the climax, the president's candidate was separated from the rest. The other three were splashed with water through a hose by my "daughter" or successor, yelling. "You feel hot? How about if I give you some...water?" sarcastically. But she secretly chuckled. Then, she told the three freshmen to open their aching eyes. "See your friend over there? Still with her eyes closed? Got any idea why she was separated?"

Then she directed the hose towards the separated girl and sprayed the water, announcing that the girl was separated because....she was selected as the PRESIDENT OF THE CLUB! *applause* So special treatment, I guess.


After the tense moment

The rest was just fun fun and fun. If you don't get this moment, well, try imagining a prank show. Yes, we actually pranked them. We didn't do the yelling for real. We didn't "hate" them like we told them earlier. So, more or less, it was likely a pranked show.

Imagine Punk'd or MTV's Boiling Points. The freshmen broke into what cheerful laughter (see? they finally laughed!) and the seniors went to congratulate them and re-announced their positions. The positions were divided into: president, secretary, public relation, and treasurer.

I hugged the then-separated-girl as she was officially my "granddaughter" or my successor after my successor (descendant?) and then we took some pictures (darn my camera's battery went empty just about time so I decided to use my phone's camera, whose quality is even lower than a real camera). The party was not over though. Apparently one of the eleventh graders brought a snow spray and sprayed it all over us, not just the freshmen but us the seniors. We practically scattered away of course, avoiding to get dirty.





After the fun time, the freshmen took a shower and changed their clothes. Then we moved to my room for some relaxing time. We got a warm chat, talking about anything, and no more blank expression on their faces! We had a great time for sure :)

P.S:
We held another round of inauguration what was once planned to be held in the presence of our advisor at school. But turned out he wasn't present and we just needed to inaugurate a freshman that was absent in the previous fun event.

She didn't know anything about the whole inauguration thing and the seniors told the already-inaugurated freshmen to step out of the room and allowed them to go home, leaving this poor freshman all by herself, getting yelled at all by herself. She practically curled herself there on the seat, head down and tears that began to fall. She even apologized as if she really did something wrong like what we yelled at her earlier. But the fact is, she was innocent and we all knew that. I'm sure she must be cursing us like heck in her mind.

I was like. "Ooh, no, don't cry! We're just acting!! Please stop crying!!" But she cried for freaking real!! Maybe we gave her too much pressure so we just inaugurate her at that moment, shocking her by giving a special placard decorated with her name on it, a sign that she had been inaugurated.

All in all, we got something plus from this event. We got to experience how Ashton Kutcher managed the whole Punk'd idea and even got to Punk'd people. Kekeke



Want some pizza? Call 1234 5678.
You'll get it partially eaten and free coca cola too!