Friday, April 16, 2010

Random Rambling at 11.45

So you see that I'm currently in the mood of blogging nowadays. Perhaps it will be my continuous routine, something that I do to fill out my boring retirement days.

I haven't mentioned something to you guys since the last two posts:

EXAMS ARE OVER! FINALLY! EVENTUALLY! AT LAST!

But it doesn't mean that EVERYTHING just comes to its end. In fact, this happy yet long retirement weeks will only be temporary. In just matter of weeks or days, us twelfth graders will feel our hearts pounding with hopes that the announcement will bring us all good news. Our future will be decided on April 26 which is... *looks briefly at the calendar, gasps* TEN DAYS LEFT!!

I think that we've all done our best in every exam, including the adrenaline-rushing National Exams, Practicum Exams, and the last one, School Final Exams. We've prayed, we've dripped our sweats together, and now we only need to pray once again that our hardwork will be paid off soon.

You know what? Writing the last two paragraphs did nothing to me but make my heart even pounding harder. I mean, ten days left! Calm down, Carissa. You just started your long retirement week. You just began taking a long deep breath of freedom and now you let yourself trembling out of anxiety again?

Find, random rambling. Let's get back to business.

Maybe I haven't told you about this, but I've been accepted to two institutes already. One college, and another one is a private university. The college that I've been accepted already is located in Cupertino, San Jose (close to Silicon Valley and San Francisco, California). It's a community college but looks pretty fun. I planned to enroll there for a year before getting transferred to an art institute or a state university. As for the major, so far I'm torn between either graphic design or animation.

The other university that I talked about is in Jakarta, which is Atma Jaya. You know it, it's very famous. I signed up for psychology major but it's still pending. Probably I'd dropped it, but well let's see.

OK, so at least for now I'm quite relieved for being accepted to two institutes. However, I'm still waiting for another one. A week ago, I joined SIMAK UI, a selection test for University of Indonesia. Trust me, it was sooooo hard. Well, I did social studies questions, which are so not my field, since I'm in the Language program. So, you know I just depended on my logic skills and general knowledge, with zero percent of theory that I used.

I was thinking if I was accepted to UI (I selected two majors there: Psychology and English Literature), I would probably just take it. But I don't know, let's wait for May 15 for the results. *fingers crossed*

Just this evening, I was informed that the announcement of UGM (University of Gajah Mada) would be held online, and so far, I've heard none of my friends getting accepted YET. Even the smartest person I know at school didn't get accepted. It's not just it. About two days ago, another state university ITB (Bandung Institute of Technology) held the same online announcement and only one of many students at my school applying for the selection was accepted.

Then something came up in my mind:
Is it that hard to apply for a state university in Indonesia?
I mean, through the individual selection tests held by each institute?

Do the applicants always have to be measured on their skills of their enrolled programs? Like social studies and science? Not instead basic skills such as psychological test, basic math test, and English? Will all the subjects in their programs count on their acceptance? I don't think so.

Trust me, applying for private universities is easier than applying for the state ones. Not much requirements are needed. Just some basic skills like basic math, English, psychological and logic test, and interview/oral test. Those tests don't even require any text book theories.

Anyway, I don't want to talk further before it gets on my nerves. It's Friday for God's sake! Time to refresh our minds and avoid talks about schools and stuff!

Oh I just bought Hachiko as promised, but I haven't watched it. Distracted enough with Zathura on TV. I've watched the movie twice but never got bored watching it over and over again. Just...exciting! I'd love to have my house floating on the outer space some time.

Don't let me rambling. The later the night gets, the wilder my imagination gets.

Ooh, one more thing. On Sunday, April 18 (which is in two days), I'll have my first performance as a jazz dancer. No, don't think that I'll dance individually on the stage. Haha. It'll be a group dance in a feature stage performance which takes the theme of High School Musical. Only in High School Musical, the characters sing, but in this stage performances, they'll dance instead. My role with fellow beginners are as teachers who're in the middle of checking out the school situation during break. While doing so, we dance.

But gosh, I really envy those slender, advanced dancers who dance beautifully on the stage. Their choreography is much more aggressive than ours! Their dance movements are more exciting, including jumping, stomping the ground, striking poses...gahh... and what about our dance movements? Well, I'm not being ungrateful or what, but all we do is just walking around here and there and our choreography is less jazz-ish than other performers'.

Oh wait, I'm still a beginner, eh? Soon we'll be just like them ;)

Anyway, this performance will be a new experience for me. I've experienced music performances before and I've never done anything like ballet and dancing before. So it's going to be exciting!

Wish us all luck!

Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment