Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nostalgia

Hi!!

Hope you're not too bored with my continuous and constant updates on my blog! I haven't really done anything much especially after the jazz show. I once promised I'd posted something about the show, but right now, I'm currently waiting from my dance partner to post a group picture on the Facebook. So, hope that'd happen pretty soon.

Recently, I'm temporarily out of contact with my friends due to a technical error occuring on my Blackberry. So I practically couldn't access Twitter, Facebook, nor Blackberry Messenger through my phone. But the device was getting better now, self-healed. I never understood how to deal with gadgets and fragile stuffs such as this.

Anyway, yesterday, my junior high friend, Nessie (also a Cho Kyuhyun-biased and luckily WON A SEOUL POSTER SIGNED BY MR. CHO HIMSELF AND SEOHYUN OF SNSD. FOR. THE. LOVE. OF. GOD. such a lucky lucky lucky lucky girl) asked me to attend a small reunion with a few other friends of mine: Dian, Ellen, Jessica, Shalini, and Abiella. We managed to have a little engagement in our junior high school, which is SMP Tarakanita 5.

It was a sweet meeting!


The school looks more blue than ever!

We even met some teachers that used to teach us back to the Junior high time and luckily they still remembered us! We also explored the places around the school and remembered each sweet memories and stories left in every spots (like a spot where two friends of ours used to date, a spot in the field where my friend used to be bullied for the first time, a spot where my other friend used to confess her love publicly in the field, etc). Everytime we arrived in one spot at school, we went like "Oh, this is where they used to date every morning!" Something like that.

It was just so sweet.


From left to right: Shalini, Jessica, Nessie, Ellen, Abi, and me

We sat on the benches shaded by a huge oak tree afterwards. The spot is called DPR (Di bawah Pohon Rindang) or in English "Under the Dense Tree". The abbreviation itself is created after the Indonesian Parliament itself. We sort of went back to the past and memorized everything happening about three to five years ago at the location.

All in all, even though our meeting was short, I missed junior high, really.

And you know something? There's an interesting fact in reunions that I attended. They were always held at schools, such as in my elementary school or yesterday in my junior high school. Back when we experienced those sweet moments, we were of course, much smaller and shorter than we are now. The places around us looked so big. But in the present, when we returned to the places that held our memories, the places looked so small. I thought that maybe it was just us getting bigger and taller so it made an impression as if the corridor is getting narrower, the field is getting smaller, whereas in the past, we used to think that those places are wide and huge.

Right now, I always think that the auditorium in my high school is very very huge. Maybe years after now, when I'm already a grown up tall woman (wishing to be one) return to that place, I'll think that the auditorium is really small. I don't know. Our physical growth somehow affects our impressions on some places we visited in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment