Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Kartini Day!



HAPPY KARTINI DAY!
FELLOW INDONESIAN GIRLS

Let us celebrate her struggle to fight and stand up for women's emancipation!

I've seen and heard that some women have attended works and schools wearing traditional clothing and dresses, including my school. How envious I was when I heard that, since I've never ever experienced Kartini Day before. The last one was when I was in the kindergarten, which was approximately...thirteen years ago!!

Anyway...

About today a week ago, us 12 graders have finally come to celebrate our freedom! No wonder that shortly after the very final exam was over, all girls scattered around Jakarta to celebrate the freedom in their own ways. Me and my friends decided to take a stroll in Blok M Plaza and also had a movie day. We planned to watch The Lovely Bones but apparently the movie wasn't available anymore in its cinema.

We finally chose to watch When In Rome instead, which was, I'm telling you, very funny! Turned out the movie was a good choice to watch especially for us who had just been liberated from all our pressures we have as students.



The day was obviously full of laughter, stuff like shopping some breads, having lunch (where I stupidly and accidentally ordered two bowls of rice, which I didn't succeed to finish them all), snapping some pictures...well, we didn't do much though. But at least we had a great time. <3





And you know something really hilarious happening that day? My driver made fun of Prima, a friend of mine, by blackmailing her. Clumsy Prima, she left her phone number in her notebook left in the car.

Next up, Agnes, another friend of mine, asked us all for another trip. This time we planned to go to Kota Tua (Ancient Town) to snap some photos (real photography, despite me not having any SLR cameras), since the place is indeed a good photography spot, with all the old buildings surrounding it and the warm vintage atmosphere. It would certainly be a good spot for real photoshoot especially if the models wear vintage dresses. Fine, but any of us wouldn't wear any vintage dresses.

Have a great day! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment