Saturday, December 12, 2009

Laconic Weekend

Basically today I have nothing much to say just like before (I blabbered about almost everything during the last couple of weeks, so as you can see, I updated this blog a bit too often). So the last couple of weeks I've posted some unnecessary (and some might be necessary) articles and writings. I know they're pointless but my writings represent my thoughts. Maybe today, it's time for me to take a break from writing about pointless thing and gets back to my real world of randomness. Tonight, I'm kind of in mood to tell light things, without silly pictures all around the corner of the blog, and simply just tell you about what's been going on this week (or maybe today, wow, I'm using too much brackets).

BIMBEL VS TALENT-DEVELOPING (SORT OF) ACTIVITIES

Lately I've felt that I've really been into almost anything. Maybe you don't get what I mean but when I say "anything", it actually refers to kinds of activity. I mean, recently I've realized that...wow, my life is so variable. For example, my life was once an empty box but then it was filled out with so many things (stop being so philosophical, Car!). I've done (or have been doing) things ranging from academic, art and design, even to sport - where I'm weakest at - all but to train my psychometric, develop my talents, and even to make more friends or expand my network. For example: English, TOEFL, French, fine art drawing, manga, Math, piano, violin, school academic lessons, swimming, Creative Writing, and lately ballet jazz.

One of my friends came up and said. "You really are as busy as bee, have you ever had time of your own? Just for leisure or to study?" Well, I guess I can say that I'm active in courses for almost six days. All of my close friends have known about my busy activity and assumed that I might be doing that because my mom forces me to. Then she came up again and said. "Have you ever thought of taking a break from your busy schedule of courses? Everyone would do that, since we're now twelfth graders - meaning we should spend more time studying - focusing more for the (stupid) UAN - rather than doing random stuffs like you do that have nothing to do with the national exam, like 'BTA' or Bimbel?"

I guess that makes sense. Everyone in their twelfth graders would definitely stop or postpone their random activities, extracurricular, or courses and instead join intensive Bimbel courses which obviously has something to do with UAN - which all of the seniors in Indonesia are terrified of. Well, I myself don't join that sort of academic activity, but I have good reasons: first, I'm in the Language department, while the Bimbel doesn't have that lessons for our program, instead they have programs for Social Science and Science itself. Second, it's my final year in the high school before stepping into a higher education. I think it's my chance to develop my potential and talents in fields that I'm interested in, for example: music, performing arts, academic, or even sport. But then I realize that my friends won't really get my reasons. Still, they think quitting all of those potential-developing courses and instead joining Bimbel would be the best choice of all, or maybe you would even think that I was too underestimating UAN for joining Bimbel courses.

If you think that way, then you're wrong. No matter in what programs or departments we are in, UAN is still the most terrifying thing students would ever hear in their last year of school.

DIFFERENT PEOPLE
I'm happy though, because through various of courses that I've joined, I got to meet a lot of people - different people with different quirks, personalities, traits, and even talents. I got to meet an attractive Japanese (Machiko Sensei) in manga class; lots and lots and lots of different bules, from many countries ranging from Australia, to Singapore, to US, even to UK...from the narsis typo one who pretty much boasted much about his baldness to a humble, mateks looking one (not to mention the handsome one, aww); a talented artist Pak Solomon in my fine art drawing course (sooo long ago); an Indonesian Idol wannabe like Kevin in Creative Writing course or a rookie photographer like Vasha at the same class; slender yet graceful girls with extraordinary flexible bodies and long legs at my age in Ballet Jazz course; French-fluent teacher; working women (yup, much older women) in TOEFL preparation course where I felt that I was the youngest one in their group, but luckily I could fit well; happy yet 'crazy' freshmen and colleagues in English Club (and 'crazy' teacher as well) who always makes me laugh at every meetings; snake-obsessed friend in EF; K-Pop fanatics like Inez in Math course, or the woman with many jobs who also teaches Math for me... well, and still a lot of other different people I've met.

At least, those examples above could represent the differences that I meant, couldn't they? Through many experiences, many personalities that I've met, I began to realize that how people in different talents can also affect their personalities.

Anyway, back to the so-called talent-developing stuff. That was one point I recently felt that how variable my life really was. Actually it happened recently. You know I just had a violin concert right? Well, the day before the concert, I had a ballet jazz class. Shortly after the class, I went home and went on directly to practice for my concert tomorrow. So, from body-swaying-and-moving part, I quickly changed my legging and my whole dancing "costume" then wear my black elegant outfit for the concert, not to mention: the part where I'm holding Vi (my violin's name) and getting ready to play her. When I put off my dancing "costume" and switched to elegant one, I felt like I might be having split personalities, because I felt that when I switched my appearance, I became someone very different. Maybe everyone would say "How can a dancer (not) so energetic become an elegant violinist in just a sec?"

A GIRL WHO GETS LOST IN TRANSLATION VERY OFTEN
Learning different and new languages also catches my attention. So far I've been learning Chinese, Japanese, French, and German (excluding English). It's not easy though, especially when you get all mixed up with one vocab from one language to another different vocab from a different language. Pronunciation also makes an influence. For example: one day, I'm at a German class at school, the teacher asked "What is the German word for hospital?" I automatically raised my hand and answered "L'hospital" (spelled Lopital). My friend looked at me in a "What-the-heck-are-you-talking-about?we're-NOT-in-French-class-now" kind of look. Oopsie? Really, I didn't have any intention at all for saying that word. It's just recently I learned that word, adding a new French vocab, and the unique-ness of the word seemed to have stuck in my mind. "It's Krankenhaus" my teacher corrected, without realizing that I said the word in a different language.

Another one, still involving French and German, it was when I told my teacher in German that I liked reading novels. French and German both have same words for novel, which is Roman. It's just Germans spell the -N in a normal -N pronunciation, while French spell the -N in their French way (by spelling -NG, so it becomes like Romang). At a German class, I said "Ich liebe Romang." The teacher seemed not to notice it, but my friend did, and pointed that out.

So the point is, I get lost in translation very often. Haha.

Haha, now I'm talking too much, can someone bring me a tape and stick one on my mouth to stop me from blabbering?

Oh by the way, speaking of blabbering, I just changed the banner to a slightly different yet new one. You can see that the font has changed from Jane Austen to Eras Light (a much simpler font) and I added sort of a tagline below it "Cause I Blabber About Everything". Well, that sentence quite describes me nowadays, because everytime there's something popping out in my mind, I just couldn't help but to write it down.

Anywaayys....back to random stuff again. I'm planning to post some more about my stories and experiences in the past, especially focusing on this year, like the Tarphrodite event, City Tour, Bintan Trip, China Tour, and even...ooh...I haven't even got a chance to finish "My February US Trip"! Haha, I'm going to finish it before the New Year guys. Wish me luck, but still...no rush. Basically, I really really thank 2009 for giving me lots of unforgettable experiences. Hope you won't be too bored.

My hands ache!! Gyaa...I'm writing more and longer than I expected to write!!!

So yes, Carissa definitely blabbers almost about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment