Tuesday, December 29, 2009

40



1. Went to the US embassy to apply for a visa in a weekday. I made a false excuse for being late to school for this, stating I had to go to the "doctor" first
2. US trip for a week. Again, false excuse was made stating I was sick
3. Celebrated dad's birthday only for three hours on the 27th of February. Well, we were leaving from LA on the 26th at approx. 11 pm in the night. Then after 12 pm, of course, we entered the 27th. But not long after entering the 27th, we crossed Pacific Time zone, entering the 28th. :(
4. Got to watch movies on airplanes
5. Attended friends' sweet seventeen parties (yay, all of my friends turned seventeen)
6. Reunion with my elementary school friends
7. Attended and watched a real recital for the first time (Hee Ah Lee's recital)
8. Had my first violin concert
9. For the first time, approx. on June, I was introduced to Super Junior and immediately fell in love with them after watching "Explorers of the Human Body". My interest on Kpop expanded since then. SHINee, Big Bang, Girls' Generation, f(x), and 2PM.
10. Joining Ballet jazz!!
11. For the first time in my 17 years of life, got a rank (third rank though) at the end of the semester (11th grade)
12. Attended the class all by myself on early February, due to heavy rainfall and flood.
13. My weakness is Math, but earlier I was appointed by my homeroom teacher (in the 11th grade) to become a tutor for my chair mate. My parents were like "WHAT?! Carissa who's never got a score higher than sixty was appointed to become a tutor???" The thing is, my math was fairly good last year, well, not really though, just average, for me. But still, once in a lifetime, I'VE BECOME A TUTOR IN SOMETHING I DON'T REALLY MASTER
14. TOEFL YEAR, and it ended with the final score of 567!
15. LIVE IN and also experienced the longest ride on land.
16. Got accepted to Atma Jaya
17. Got accepted to my dream college
18. Turned 17 and had it celebrated :)
19. City tour...aah...I want to go back to those moments
20. Joined a school event's convoy for the first and the last time
21. TARPHRODITE!
22. Finished an English written novel (actually I rewrote my short story into a novel)
23. Went to China for 8 days, with CHAN BROTHERS!! So all in all, through this trip, I have visited all countries in East Asia (South Korea trip on late 2002, Japan trip on late 2004, and China trip on summer 2009). What a record for me, since I really love traveling!
24. Got lost in a mall in US and finally got to interract bules in the land of theirs (not in Jakarta)
25. Got my real fashion taste (I mean, girls' fashion, I used to be into boys') for the first time earlier this year
26. Got an ID card
27. Got a driving license and got to drive a car for real this time
28. Went to Bintan for a Lebaran vacation
29. Attended senior's graduation even though I was an 11th grader back then and watched the tearful moment of the seniors
30. Got three awards in just one day: second rank in Language Department, third position of Spelling Bee contest, and listed as one of two best behaviour students in my department, for being always present at school)
31. Had French lesson secretly and learned Chinese with mom
32. PAY-PURR!!! (spelled: paper)
33. Last trip of the year: Bandung, and my first trip with cousins
34. Family heavy lunch in McD, for the first time
35. Contacted my very first best friend (whom I met in kindergarten) after years of not interacting with her.
36. Serigala Terakhir Movie Workshop at school
37. Watched Red Cliff 2 on Chinese New Year together with families and relatives from my mom. My very first movie night with them.
38. Attended Serigala Terakhir movie premiere, danced to Boom Boom Pow in Ballet Jazz class, and watched Extravaganza show in a Trans TV studio in just one day. Perhaps we better call this day: Movie, Performing Arts, and Television Day
39. Learned MOONWALKING with cousin. I'm still lame at it though.
40. Found a doll I've been desiring to buy since ten years ago, which is Jessie the yodeling cowgirl doll from Toy Story 2. Found her in a Disney store in Disneyland and you can't imagine how I was utterly overwhelmed back then (I mean, since 1999!!).

THANK YOU 2009
For giving me extraordinary experiences
and unforgettable moments
Many things happened quite unexpectedly this year
But those things turned out to be fun at the end
I've enjoyed every moment, or second of this year
Sad to leave it but we've got to move forward
2009 is my best and most favorite year yet
You know, great things don't always come for the second time

No comments:

Post a Comment