Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Glück!!!!

I'm tired, but my exhaustion means nothing without happiness that I got today!

You know what this is?



This is the freaking paper I talked about!! Yay, glad that I finally got to finish it, until the very last step - which is to get it bindered into a hardcovered book. So basically after months of writing, observing, interviewing, and doing this and that in order to complete my paper entitled "Observing Teenager's Interests in Reading Classical Novels", I finally finished it! Dunzo, fertig, shuryō, fini... But to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed with the technical requirements, which requires the papers for Language Department students to be covered with light blue color, while the others, say like students from Science Department, are required with with black color and golden text, which of course looks much more elegant. Ah, whatever. At least it's finished. PAPER'S FINISHED!! IT'S FINISHED EVERYBODY!! FINALLY...Muahahaha *laughter a la Hannah Montana's Rico character*

The point is, I'm relieved to finally have completed the paper, but in the other side - out of my excitement and joy - I would miss every moment of writing it, every sweat, every second I've spent, and it's always moments of rush, I would miss it. I know there will be another paper in the university ahead, but probably the ways of writing it will be utterly different. Well, paper has taken much of my time, so probably I'm going to say that this is another major project of the year aside of finishing The Nightlurker.

Well, okay, basically, today I'm happy because today, in my last day at school for this year and also the report card day, I got three awards at school (yay). I got the second rank in my class - which is Language Department, I won the third place for School's Spelling Bee, and I was also awarded for Good Behavior student due to never being absent at school for one semester. Considering that I've never got a lot of piling awards all at once, I'm practically and insanely overwhelmed. When the winners of Spelling Bee and the ranks from each departments were announced, I was still on the way and my friend informed me via text message. Spontaneously I screamed in the car, which is embarrassing, I know. But thanks for the awards, they really made my day!

My report card was not bad. No bad scores, unlike when I was in the freaking 10th grade (don't ask, my grades were very very very poor at that time, but when I got into Language Department, the improvements went extremely drastic than before, with some jaw dropping achievements, and I was even stunned with it). It's just there's something I regret though: I came late and I missed the announcements, so I haven't got the awards yet, except for the School's Spelling Bee award, I got this huge box full of biscuits!!! Yumm....

But well, although I've been very lucky today, it seems my mom still spots and exaggerates a small flaw of mine: that my score in Math doesn't satisfy her enough, and she keeps snapping out about it, saying that I'm not smart compared to my close friend in Science Department, who got the first rank in her department, but let's say this: nobody's perfect right? I remember my mom kept demanding me to beat one of the best students in class. Let's call her name is Reina. I'm telling you she's really, really, really smart and way more mature than anyone at her age. I mean she speaks diplomatically with an extraordinary extended knowledge mainly in politics and history.

Of course, Reina is like a 'wow' for me. I adore her intelligence and never thought of finally beating her at the end of the semester. Last semester, while being in the 11th grade, she got the second place and I got the third. The fact that finally I beat her - as what my mom has demanded me to do "I heard Reina is insanely smart. But you gotta beat her, Car. You HAVE TO." And ta-daa, wish granted mom. She got the third place, and I took her second place but eventually someone even better than her and me, got the first place. She's Anna, and she's best at linguistics and math. Well, through the experience today, I've learned that everybody has their own weaknesses. I finally figured out what Reina's weaknesses are (because it was such a disbelief that I could beat a girl as smart as her). Reina's pretty weak at linguistics, but her history and other social studies, she's good at them.

I went to my mom shortly after the announcement was over "Hey mom, I finally got to beat Reina, just like what you want me to, now you're happy?"

She didn't answer though, of course, but you know my mom will never be proud of me, for anything I've done for her. Let's say, I'm the moon, and mom demands me to be the earth. Now, I'm the earth, but my mom is still not satisfied and demands me to be something even bigger - Planet Jupiter. Once I'm Planet Jupiter, she demands me to become the Sun. :) (wow, what an imagination)

Ah, whatever. I don't give a damn about it. Haha.

Anyway, have I mentioned that a new Gaspard Ulliel video also made my day?? Also, I'm wearing a new kind of hairstyle, yet it is simple and I fall in love with it, that I barely changed it for a day!

--------------------------------------------------------------
FINALLY HOLIDAY IS COMING TO TOWN!!!

Since I got the second rank, my mom asked me what I wanted for this holiday (sounds like she becomes a sudden Santa Claus). Well, she once promised that we would all go to Macau for a vacation but then, as seeing that all of my friends were not going out of town, I changed my mind. Maybe I would spend this holiday going to my cousins' to adore the hotness of Super Junior boys, SHINee, or Big Bang and the moments where we'll go 'aahhh' if our favorite member comes out on the screen. But I promised them that I would we would all sleepover at their house, maybe movie marathon-ing for the whole day on the 31st. Haha

I'll be going through a driving test next week to get my driving license, wish me luck guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment