Friday, December 18, 2015

A long time ago, in a galaxy,
far far away...

http://media.aintitcool.com/

Ten years ago, my thirteen-year-old self couldn't be more hyped to see Revenge of the Sith. The euphoria lasted for two-three years that I decided to binge watch all the saga, join the fanbases, make friends with fellow Star Wars fans along the way, join RPG and forums, and weirdly enough...write Fanfictions.

In the wake of The Force Awakens, which opens today, I decided to give you guys a revelation:
My Star Wars Fanfiction website.

It used to be called Tales of the Force, before I changed it to Spirit of the Galaxy. Excuse the cliche title. The whole thing you're about to see there, the graphics and stories, were written by a thirteen-year-old.

Yes, I was that nerd back in the day. Yes I was a HUGE fan that I ended up writing some fanfiction. Lately, I found that little corner on the internet where I used to dwell. I got a bit emotional when I first found out, simply because I don't write fanfictions anymore and I never knew how big of a fan I was. It felt good to revisit it but then, I cringed reading through my fanfictions. One of them actually won a competition in a website owned by a fellow Star Wars fan that I made friends with.

I'm not as much of a nerd now but I have to say, my thirteen-year-old geekiness tingled in excitement again this week.

So yeah, now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment