Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dazed and Confused

Paper...
That word keeps ringing in my head
Never let go of my mind
When will it come to its end?
So many obstacles heading my way, blocking my view to the bright end

Paper...
The word that every twelfth graders keeps buzzing about
Running down the hallway like busy bees collecting their honey.
Yes, people, we are the bees
But it's not honey that we're looking for
It's our future ahead
The paper
Yes, that's our honey

Just like ants gathering their food in the summer
To keep it as a supply by the winter
We are the ants
And the paper we've been made busy about is our food
The winter is our future

I am dazed and confused
So many things piling up in my mind that I can even hardly think of anything
"Music homework!" "Arabic exam!"
All will be done tomorrow!
Ah...music...we know that we suck at it
The teacher is such a rubbish
Giving us a task that is completely a nutjob
Writing a song
Does he think we can get an inspiration for the whole freaking song,
just in one freaking night?
Meanwhile our minds are focused on one thing

Our food for the winter

Our honey for the food supply

The Paper is our future
A book of pages ranging from thirty to fifty
A book typed by all of our hands
Energy spent
Sweat wasted
Eyes locked on the screen
Mind wanders off far ahead
To our future ahead

The future is in our hands
And the future itself is due this WEEK

Oh...Mon Dieu...
I really don't feel like going to school tomorrow
I really want to skip this night, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow
Or this week, if that is possible
But time keeps ticking
And we are inside it
Tick tack tick tack
Minutes passed
But my eyes are still stuck on the chapter three of my paper

And because of me being stuck
I decided to write this little piece of poem
You can consider it as a junk, my friend
But this is how I express myself at this very moment
"I'm going nuts!" I hear my friends say
Oh how despair gets over you, my friend
But we must not give up
We must not let despair gets over us

We can beat it
We can do it
We can finish this freakishly, devastating junk called PAPER
P-A-P-E-R
It's our future
We are reaching out for it

All I want to say here is...
Tarakanita 2010, and all students out there in Jakarta and entire Indonesia
Especially for those who are devastated by their papers
That we can do it
Let us not waste our time weeping, whimpering,
crying out "We can't do it."
Because we can do it
Oh yeah, even Obama said this

YES WE CAN


Ganbatte Kudasai
Bon Courage
Semoga sukses
Viel Gluck
Buena Suerte
GOOD LUCK



Jakarta, November 17, 2009

This unnecessary kind of prose is written by

Miss A-desperate-twelfth-grader-who-is-currently-stuck-in-chapter-3-while-the-paper-test-will-be-held-by-the-end-of-THIS-WEEK

2 comments:

  1. You should have read my poem :p I even put a lil of it in the 'paper'... HATE DEADLINES1!!! YEAH! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? You wrote one too? I'd really love to read it. Did you post it in your blog?

    ReplyDelete