Monday, October 19, 2009

My Pieces of Digital Artworks

Yes...finally my PC is back to life!! Sorry for those who have been wondering where I've been. I finally got my textures (excluding the brushes) restored to my folder. Well, not exactly restored.

The repair, which took nearly two weeks, apparently wiped out all my data and files. That's the bad news. But the good news, with my textures restored, my muse in graphic design also resurrected! Although this time I choose not to do requests on signatures and avatars for my online friends, only temporarily though. I need more time to prepare and restore more textures until I can do that kind of requests again. For your info, I've done over fifty requests and my costumers (which are my online friends) are very fond of my works! Their support really brought up a motivation for me to improve my works even better.

Lately, I'm planning to hold a birthday dinner (not a party) and I'm proud to say that I finally could come up with a real artwork (which is not for online purpose, but for real one). Take a look at these pictures below and let me know what you think.

Anyway, I've kept my graphic works requested by my friends here, in this essential online portfolio called Photobucket ^_^. Most of my friends requested me to make them signatures for RPG forums, so you can see that my portfolio is divided according to the websites' names.











So these are what I could come up with for my birthday invitation. I made them into two: print-out invitation (two sides of page) and a flyer to tag in Facebook (online purpose). For your info, I'm an amateur graphic design, so the idea about how I can blend things, add textures, and recognize the colors came up on its own, mostly inspired by my online friends' works and I decided to give it a try through a lot of experimenting. Though amateur works are never perfect. Even now, I'm still learning, browsing for more textures, brushes, learning more than just photo manipulations, and even looking for more challenging tutorials.

I don't know if I'm aiming graphic design to be my future career. I'm more interested in animation though. But, I think it's better to prepare things as early as I can, so who knows I'll change my mind later. For now, graphic designer is my sidejob (considering my online friends requesting me to make them graphics), though of course, a student, I still am (talking in Yoda mode).

Also, my math tutor is also planning to start her career as an Event Organizer. I'm offering myself to be some kind of her assistant, especially when it comes to invitations. Wish me luck, guys! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment