Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Halloween at Disneyland Part 2: The Princesses Encounter


Previously: After Radiator Springs Racers, Jess and I went to the Paradise Pier. We dropped by at Boudin Bakery Tour and got a fresh loaf of bread. Then we ended up getting lunch at Garden Grill with a glass of fresh Strawberry margarita from Rita Margarita in a sunny day. Our lunch couldn't be more perfect, and so was the weather. Jess ended up finishing the margarita.

At around 12.30 pm, after we finished our lunch, we headed to the Hyperion Theatre to catch Aladdin Musical Spectacular. It marked my second time watching it. The first time happened six years ago with my mom and I loved it. The genie is and will always be the real star of the show, pulling jokes and pop culture references that we all know, from Patriots football to Taylor Swift.

His jokes never get old and it is even sad to learn that the show would have less than a hundred more before it ended for good on December. Next year, the theatre would host a Frozen Musical to replace Aladdin. I reached the point where Frozen has become increasingly overrated that it has to replace a beloved classic show such as Aladdin. Anyway...

The musical show ended 40 minutes later. Jess and I caught on some other rides such as Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Soarin'.




We waited for quite a while for Soarin' as we lined up in the Single Rider. Lesson learned: Single Rider doesn't always have the shortest wait. The cast member would call us occasionally depending when they needed one. Soarin' has always been my personal favorite. Some people might find it a bore but really, who wouldn't love the feeling of flying over California terrains? The best part of the ride might probably be smelling the citrus scent when we flew over the orange groves, or some other forest.

From Soarin', we tried to look for more characters. By the way, we bumped into Doc McStuffin' earlier that day. Guess what, the moment I met her was the first moment I knew who she was. Jess and I spotted the character in Hollywood Pictures Backlot and she has a very short line. So we were like, why not?


Despite not knowing who the girl donning a doctor costume was. After we took pictures and she signed our autograph books (at this point, Jess and I still didn't know what character this young doctor girl was), Jess and I checked our signed autograph books and found out that her name was Doc McStuffin. Her show is broadcast on Disney Junior. Noooo wonder. Anyway, later that day, I was determined to look for Anna and Elsa, but the search went in vain.


So we went back to Disneyland. Since we had our autograph books, we wouldn't waste the rest of the day not finding more characters. We found out Disney Princesses had a meet and greet spot in the Royal Hall, so we immediately rushed there. The wait was only 20 minutes and we took turns taking pictures with Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle.

They. Were. So. Sweet! I never fangirled hard in my life. Just kidding, that was just an exaggeration. Last time I fangirled was legitly for Iker Casillas. I barely spoke to the princesses in my previous visits but this Royal Hall actually gives you a chance to talk personally with the princesses. So I had a conversation with Ball three princesses, which was great.




They complimented my dress as I complimented theirs, to one point, Cinderella was like “Thank you! My fairy godmother made me this! It was a secret but now not anymore.” Belle was adorable too. She shared about getting her dress from the living wardrobe in Beast's castle. To think of it, if you were a kid, you'd be amazed, but I was truthfully creeped out by that story.

After meeting up with the princesses, we moved to the other side of the Fantasyland, strolled a bit, before getting onto the next ride: Matterhorn Bobsleds. At this point, the streets were packed with people waiting for the parade, but I thought I could see the parade anytime. So Jess and I got onto Matterhorn Bobsleds on the single rider line. We got on to different cars this time, but at one point, I saw her car going down the other track so I called her out. That was actually my first time riding the Matterhorn and I had to say, I didn't quite enjoy the ride. It was rough, bumpy, and it was less fast than I thought. The seat was a bit uncomfortable too, or maybe because I couldn't fully stretch my legs (you kinda had to because you don't technically sit on a seat. You had to straighten your legs to sit comfortably) since I wore a dress. Anyway, I didn't get all the hype about Matterhorn. It was good to try it though.

The ride and the line was so quick that even when I finished riding it, I could still catch a glimpse of the parade.





Then Jess and I strolled to Adventureland to get Fastpasses for Indiana Jones. We thought we'd get it now so we didn't have to do the regular line later. Plus, we couldn't possibly miss this ride. It's both Jess and my most favorite one of all rides in Disneyland! Lucky for us, we still got fastpasses for this ride but our schedule would be quite late, and that would be from 10.10 to 11.10 pm. Wow, sure we had to wait for hours, but it was our most favorite ride so it'd be worth it. We also rushed to Tomorrowland to get Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters fastpasses. Too bad Space Mountain ran out of Fastpasses. At least we got fastpasses for two good rides.

We strolled a bit more as the sun was starting to go down. We had spent over eight hours in the parks. We had about seven more hours to spend before we wrapped up (aka the parks were closed). At about six-ish, we went to Astro Blasters as scheduled in our fastpasses. Fastpass schedule varies depending on the availability. We got a late hour for Indy because of how popular the ride was. But at least we still got them.

- To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment