Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Halloween at Disneyland Part 4: Out standing indeed

Note: Due to my phone battery dying at this point during my Disneyland trip, the rest of the story will just be pure text. You'll see one picture at the end though.

* * *

Previously: The whole park turned into a mass chorus of children singing to the powerful ballad. Children are addicted to this song. There's been stories that parents are getting tired of it. So when I heard a mom next to me groan and mumble “Here we go.” I wouldn't be surprised. Jess and I sang along with the other 5-10 year-old Frozen addicts. No need to be embarrassed. Disneyland is the only place we can let go of our inner child.

The firework ended at around 10. We had a couple more minutes before we could use the pass to Indiana Jones. We arrived at Adventureland earlier than we thought despite the people traffic and we still had roughly fifteen minutes before the fastpass for Indy was valid. Jungle Cruise is right next to Indy ride and it only had five to ten minutes wait. So might as well.

My previous Jungle Cruise experiences were always such a bore, but this one was exceptionally different. The skipper, Kim (she's so good I even remember her name) had a good sense of humor, more like sarcastic. She's so good at puns and dry jokes. But really, that's what makes her interesting. She spoke in a lazy tone while delivering the jokes, making you want to go “Ha-ha.” slowly. “Who woke up feeling like I have to go to Jungle Cruise today?” she said. Some people raised their hands. “Yeah me too.” Another one, the ultimate one that she threw right at the end of the ride. “You guys are outstanding. Yeah you'll be out standing on the dock.” Gold!


I left Jungle Cruise feeling satisfied than ever. Now that our Fastpass for Indy was valid, Jess and I entered the fastpass line. We were so psyched for Indy ride! It's so far my most favorite ride in Disneyland (Space Mountain comes after). It's a mixed of thrill and typical Disneyland dark ride. The thrill it offers isn't as intense as Space Mountain or any roller coaster. It's quite mild and involves a lot of shaking. I still tolerate that more than any roller coaster drops. This ride is simply classic. It's my family's favorite. I remember going to Disneyland six years ago and my mom was so ecstatic about going on this ride. I was hella nervous because back then I hadn't been on the ride yet so I didn't know what to expect. My family rode this ride a year ago and we still enjoyed it.

We got out of Indy at 10.30 pm. We have one and a half hour before the park closed, so we could probably go to one more ride before we called it a day. I decided that since it would be our very last ride and we had ninety minutes left, we might as well finish the day off with Space Mountain. The wait for Space Mountain barely changed since the last time we went there. It still clocked at 90 minutes. Oh well, perfect timing. We'd finish the ride just in time the park closed.

But 90 minutes was a loooooong time. This had to be the longest Space Mountain wait ever recorded. The outdoor line literally never ended. Some people sat in the yard near where the line was, possibly because the line barely moved. Jess and I ran out of topics to talk and we were so dead tired. After all, we spent almost 15 hours in Disney Parks. Once in a while, I'd sit down on the floor. Jess and everyone else did the same. I nearly fell asleep. It was past twelve already and the whole park must have been closed. We really couldn't bear the wait. In the middle of the line, Jess almost gave up. “Is it really worth it?” Heck yes it is. Even better, the Space Mountain ride was revamped temporarily for Halloween, adding a Ghost Galaxy theme to it. The long wait might be the reason why. People were just curious what would make Ghost Galaxy different from the normal Space Mountain.

The Space Mountain roof was projected with images of the so-called Ghost Galaxy, which is beautiful, until you heard the sound effect that came with it. Geez, that sound itself was enough to bring me nightmares. It was a mixture sounds of some cryptid creature shrieking, thunder, and other unimaginable horrible noises. I wonder if kids were horrified by the sound, because I was. The sound came out once every ten minutes or so.

After the outdoor line ended, we went inside and the line suddenly just moved a lot faster. I almost dozed off as we were walking. Before we know it, Jess and I were seated and we were ready to go! When the train was climbing up, my sleepiness still took me over, but after the countdown, as we were launching towards the darkness and the gravity was pulling us, that's when my nerves were jolted. “I'm awake now!” I said. The train lurched, took sharp turns, and dropped. The ultimate way to end the night was to get onto the most thrill ride in the park and I'm glad we did.

Jess, who – like – was extremely sleepy before getting on the train, became suddenly wide awake. I was glad she didn't pull out from the line otherwise it would've been a shame to miss such an opportunity.

Jess and I were too tired to take pictures of our ride photo. We just headed back to Main Street, where crowd spilled onto the streets heading back towards the gate. We stopped by at a gift shop at Main Street. Jess bought some goodies and souvenirs for her friend and herself. She talked a bit with the cashier, before we exited the park.



That was it, the end of a very long day. Jess and I still had to walk for fifteen minutes into Anaheim Garden Walk. We left at around 1.30 am and reached home at 2.30 am. We were too tired of everything Disney that we decided to drop our Disney mood and put on some non-Disney tunes on Spotify on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment