Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Thank you 2013


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014
____________________________________________________

Wishing you a great and blessed year ahead.


2013 has been a "survival" year for me, basically because I was still in the phase of adapting with the lifestyle of my school, which is surprisingly more rigorous than I thought. Art student life has been taking away almost 100% of my life. I hardly had time to do other things that I love, including fulfilling my passion in music and dancing like I used to do. Writing is an exception because I still actively write in this blog, but I wish I could write something more meaningful, like short stories, published articles, and probably even a book like I did a few years back.

Here are some highlights of 2013:
  • I made more Indonesian friends at my school. Turns out there are more Indonesians there than I thought :D and of course, I made more non-Indonesian friends at school.
  • Spent a week working on campus during spring break as a peer mentor, and apparently I was the only international peer mentor at that period yay.
  • Visited my old friends in Davis, also during spring break
  • Learned bunch of new things (of course), like web coding and especially teaching myself processing and cinema 4D programs
  • My poster got into the school gallery. It was small though, but it got my name on it!
  • I almost got straight As if it weren't for Intro to Modernism class on Summer semester
  • I went to Universal Studios Hollywood and Disneyland/California Adventure within less than a few months, oh and did I mention that I got a discount to Disneyland thanks to my friend's friend?
  • Reunited with my old traveling friends: friends I met on the tour to China, and Taiwan tour friends
  • I presented my project individually to some strangers who came to my class' finals. I assume they weren't just strangers, but probably some anonymous pro designers whose names I didn't quite catch. Oookay.

I guess, that's it. I don't have bunch of New Year's resolution tell. I just wanted to be the best in both worlds, by any means, be a better designer in not just the aesthetic aspect but also in a personality aspect. Also, it'd be great if I get to resurrect my other passions as well.

Hope everyone of you have an awesome 2014!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment