Thursday, January 30, 2014

La maison de mon reve

Because it actually is.

No, not really. I want a bigger one. This semester, I'm taking a 3D motion class. I know right. It's crazy for someone that used to hate motion so much because the program lagged a day before the midterm was due, wanted to take the next level of the class. 3D motion class is different though. Instead of using After Effects, I learned this cool new program that integrates the use of 3D, which is Cinema 4D. I thought learning that program would help me since I would be going on Transmedia track. I learned this before in Google Sketchup, but since I taught myself that program, I was never really good at that.

The first exercise is to make a house and put textures on it. I really had a fun time working on it, but it's surely far from perfect. If you zoom it on the details, you can see some shapes don't actually come together.

This exercise reminds of The Sims, except Cinema 4D is no game. We can animate things but we can't make two figures get married, make love, drown in the pool, or burn them in fire until the Devil takes them away.

Anyway, the house is inspired by typical houses I saw in the upscale neighborhood in Pondok Indah, the region of Jakarta where I live (but my house looks nothing like this), and a typical American suburban home. Houses in Pondok Indah does have up two three stories, tall pillars, a combination of minimalist and nature, and a swimming pool, like what I pictured down here. But if you ever think of having a house in Jakarta with short fences like this, then think again. Robbers are hella smart there. If they can climb over a 7 foot tall fence, this kind of fence is a piece of cake.











If you happen to be an architect, I know I'm a terrible one. If I'd been a good one, I would have ended up in SciArc right now

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment