Thursday, January 2, 2014

Flight delayed

So this post concludes my winter break trip. I'm waiting in the gate right now as the gate where I'm supposed to board the plane is still packed with the previous flight that is delayed. The previous flight that also occupied the same gate and was scheduled to leave an hour ago, was still delayed up until now. Now the gate is PACKED with passengers from my flight and from the previous flight.

It started snowing again in Michigan, and it's been snowing for 3 days in a row, ever since before the New Year. Anyway, I had a blast this break! I had the opportunity to go to Ann Arbor to visit my friend Elda, and to reunite with my old friend Aymee as well as her sister who studies in the same city.

Then I spent Christmas in everyone's ultimate favorite destination on the winter break - New York City. I went to New York before three years ago, and to tell you the truth, I never get tired of the city. There's so much energy going on here, although I assume NYC is much smaller than LA, or is it not? Anyway, in exchange of going to multiple destinations this break, I decided not to go shopping, and it's worth it!

In NYC, I visited places that I didn't get to go to three years ago, and those places are less mainstream. I skipped attractions like The Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building, only because the line was so long it could take up hours. I did a few museum visits, a studio visit, and landmark visits (with no admission fees required).

Then after going to NYC, Elda and I made a one day trip to Chicago. This visit is quite significant to me as I always wanted to go to this city. I wanted to go there so bad that the city became the subject of my website redesign project. Chicago is luckily accessible from Ann Arbor, although the trip takes four hours by bus. Still, the visit is so worth it. I'll tell you more in details as soon as I reach LA.

I just hope everyone safely gets through this rough weather. Last time I heard not just my flight, but almost ALL flights in Detroit - where I'll be taking off - are delayed. No one would expect such a rough weather, would it? A few days ago, right after I returned from New York before going to Chicago, almost all the snow in Michigan have melted. Now the snow comes back in a larger scale that it disrupts all kinds of transportation.

Have a nice day guys, and if you're traveling just like me, have a safe trip :)
I'll be sure to post some pictures and stories of my trip right after my arrival in LA.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment