Tuesday, December 17, 2013

FROZEN

Hey guys,

So overjoyed cos I'm done with finals!!! The last final gave me such a hard time: there was so much to do but so little time, regardless I decided not to procrastinate. I ended up going to the final presentation without taking a shower or washing my hair. However, it ended with a good note since the presentation was received positively by my instructor, guest critic, and my classmates. My classmates and I had a Korean Barbecue afterwards.

Anyway, I'm posting from Ann Arbor, Michigan! The weather is way more extreme than the weather in LA, obviously. It looks like this...

Picture credit to Elda
Looks nothing like California, right? I'll post some more after I go back to California and spend about 2 weeks remaining from the break there. Yeah, I have about a month long break. My goal for this break is to seek a new completely different vibe. Going back to Indonesia is so overrated since I just went there 5 months ago and since my family doesn't celebrate Christmas, we would do nothing special for that occasion. So I decided to save up my money and visit Elda in Michigan since she's graduating next year. Aymee is also here to visit her sister in the community college, who also lives in the same city. Aymee and Elda haven't met for ages, and I thought this would be a great idea for three of us coming from different cities to meet up and spend some quality time before we all go on different ways (graduating). Also, my parents encouraged me to explore more new places in US!

A lot of my friends have called my decision to go to the frozen Michigan crazy, since everyone is obviously looking for warmer climate to spend their Christmas. However, the snow and the 20 Fahrenheit temperature are exactly what I've been looking for. It's good to stay away from consumptive life in LA and spend some time in this small town.

So far, Ann Arbor has been treating me well. I was psyched when I was greeted with the snowcapped buildings and streets when I first landed in Detroit yesterday. I still had two more weeks to go before going back to LA. Even so, I still have 2 more weeks to spend in LA. What a long break, huh? Let's see what tomorrow has to offer.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment