Sunday, July 24, 2011

Trying out some LOOKS

This weekend I've been experimenting a lot on various looks on Looklet. Let's see what we got here.


V-Day
I guess it's supposed to be V-J-day, the day when Americans won the World War II over Japan. Anyway, this picture is inspired mostly by 40s style and the background is based on New York.



Soo Young's Run Devil Run
I always adore Soo Young's look in Run Devil Run. Somehow her look stands out among other Girl's Generation, maybe because she manages to look more tomboyish than others, yet still chic! Her hairstyle rocks too!



Tell me your wish
A look inspired by Girl's Generation costume in "Genie/Tell me your wish". Maybe the look above is closer to Jessica's than other members, seeing the model dons blonde hair. Anyway, I'm loving the white blazer and especially the policeman's cap! Although in some versions of Genie promo pictures, the girls wear black shorts instead of white, oh well.


Belle Epoque
A tres chic look inspired by Edwardian era and also a minor character in the novel, The Nightlurker. I was thinking the look above to fit either the male character's older sister or past lover. One thing for sure, the vintage umbrella completes the flawlessness!


Don't talk to strangers!
I actually thought to design a look for my other in-progress novel's female protagonist, where she travels to Korea and goes on an up-and-down adventure. I've always imagined her being averagely stylish yet simple at the same time. At first, I thought it'd be a good idea to don her stylish, sophisticated winter outfit like the ones in Gossip Girl (cape, trench coat), but apparently those kinds of clothing just don't work for adventure stories' characters, so I chose simpler yet easy-to-move-around outfit. The highlight of the style is the UGG boots. Love'em to bits!


Scottish Moorland
This feminine look is inspired by the female protagonist on my novel, The Nightlurker. The character herself is not a girly person, but rather tomboyish at some points. The overall sweet and simple clothing was donned when her boyfriend took her out to a meadow for a date, and then she decided to impress him by wearing something that would capture his attention.



Black Widow
Has anyone seen Iron Man 2? I actually haven't seen it before but I really adore a character there called Black Widow, a Russian spy played by the gorgeous Scarlett Johansson. I believe the whole latex catsuit costume is also highly influenced by Catwoman too. I wish Looklet added extra props like grenades, guns, bombs to be placed in her hands, just to add more sense of her as a spy. :)

Be sure to stick around! I might post some more looks this weekend, or otherwise, I'll be definitely posting something even more exciting. Just stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment