Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Volunteer Volunteer

Well, just thought of posting something super random and short to kill time after studying...also to keep you guys posted.
Things have gone quite differently since I became a graphic designer of my college's student volunteer. Even though it's considered a minor officer position, still I'm very proud to become an officer of a club. It drives me to be more active to contribute to college society.

It's quite awkward in the beginning for us - new officers - to run the club meetings and organize the events. We have to thank our predecessors for giving us guidelines how to be dedicated officers.

With the new term coming up, more new members also came to join the club. I made friends with the newbies. The events are even promising and apparently draw a lot of members' interests to participate.

One of the most fun event so far after the election was Mountainview Ala Carte festival held in, well, Mountainview.
It's basically a festival specializing in selling and trading wine and its glasses. So what we - volunteers - do are basically serving people in exchanging the coupons with wine and soda glasses.

As for others, they're given a duty to collect trash, but don't get me wrong. The duty doesn't all suck, but it's actually fun. I actually did contribute a bit in this trash collecting and it actually doesn't demand much more time and hardwork compared to the coupon tradings.


Astha and I were having fun during break.


Visiting Timothy, Cindy, and Michael's stall.


Cindy can't look any sweeter!


Eileena, Bella, Lynn, and Baron still pose with a smile despite the sweltering hot day!


Bumping into Al and Dennis while I was on duty


Keep those spirits up, Channon, Fuzuki, and Zoey!


After approx. 4 hours of exhausting shift, we finished up at 3pm. We were kinda split up at that moment and planned to meet up somewhere so that we could have late lunch together. Since there are bunch of restaurants to pick in the area, we were having a hard time to choose. While making up our minds, we decided to take some more pictures for memories.





Radiating peace!!!



And lastly, we did a group picture before leaving to the chosen restaurant!



We ended up having late lunch in a nearby Italian fusion in the Castro street's restaurant rows. I had myself a bolognaise which turned out not to be exactly what I imagined it to be (spaghetti), but more like ravioli. But still, it was sooo delicious!
We called it a day and it was time for us to part. I shared a ride with Baron, Channon, Lynn, and Zoey. I was dropped at home. I took a quick break before leaving again for a karaoke session with my other friends.

What a long day, and guess what, I'm beginning to tell stories off the topic of the original purpose of the post. Well, point is, it was a fun volunteering activity! Looking forward to joining fall's activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment