Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A series of reunions

Just last night, I was surprised by my cousin, Monika's, Skype request. We talked a cousin-to-cousin talk yesterday. As a note to you guys, she's like my own sister and now she already left to pursue her dancing education and career in Singapore.



I really miss her so much. I'm quite saddened with the fact that I won't be able to meet her once I get back to Jakarta for vacay, unless my parents allow me to go to Singapore and pay her a visit.

Just tonight, I got another Skype call but this time, it's from Jeje and Didi!



It was short but it's nice to see them although we could only meet through computer screens. Hopefully one day Monika, Jeje, Didi, and I could meet up at a conversation call!
That'd be awesome!

Speaking of skyping with Monika, Jeje, and Didi, I'd like to mention a bit that they are participants of Taiwan Guan Mo Tuan, a study tour program to Taiwan where Monika and I were lucky to meet Jeje, Didi, and the rest of the gang in Group 4 (the group we were assigned in)!

...and guess what? It's been a year since Taiwan trip! Time flies so fast, and in another month, my first year in the US will be completed and I'll soon enter the second one.
Anyway, let's focus on the Taiwan trip first. The Taiwan Guan Mo Tuan program that I joined last year, kicked off on June 21 till July 11, 2010. So, two days before this entry was posted, officially marked the first anniversary since the day the tour ended.

The whole program itself was very much impressive! If you're wondering what I've been through in details, please refer to this. You'll most likely find everything related to the trip!
The aftermath events following the end of the program include of course, reunions. Reunion is a true fact that our bond created within the group has definitely strengthened. Even at the end of the program, we still felt like not splitting up. It was a tearful moment but anyway, we promised to reunite.

The first reunion was held approx. 3 days after we all arrived in Jakarta, which is around July 13/14 (today last year) in Pancious, Mal Kelapa Gading. The idea of the reunion had been initiated since we were exiting the arrival hall in Soekarno-Hatta International airport. Before we parted, we promised we'd have a reunion while we were still having a few days off left before school started (not for me though, I still had a month left before leaving to the US).

That reunion is probably the most joyous one, since it was attended by some members of Group 4 who come from Makassar. A chance of meeting them in the future is definitely very rare :(









During the briefing of Taiwan Guan Mo Tuan, held before the program kicked off, the organizer lady expected all the participants to make friends, stay in contact, and have a reunion after the program ended. She even mentioned and exaggerated. "Last year's group even had their first reunion just a week after the program ended!"

Well, ma'am, you should know that this year (last year)'s group had their first reunion 3 DAYS just after the program ended! See how close we really are?





Second reunion was held at the same time of Celine's birthday in Bandar Jakarta, Ancol. Remember Celine? She's the girl who we succeeded to surprise on the night of her birthday in Tainan.





Another reunion was quite short, and it was also to celebrate Karin's birthday. It was thrown in Chicken Story, Mal Kelapa Gading. It wouldn't have been originally short, if Monika and I hadn't got lost in that enormous mall and spent nearly an hour to look for the venue of the reunion.













The latest reunion only consisted of four people including me: Audrey, Didi, and Jeje. We had a simple dinner in Sushi Tei and that was when I came back from the US for Year End break. It was so nice to know that they actually dedicated this reunion for me. Aww...

I'm going back to Indonesia on August 6, 2011, in case you wonder. My Group 4 friends have been expecting for another reunion, but I'm afraid it won't be the same. Since some of them are going abroad for college, it will surely affect the amount of the attendees (Monika and Jeje are off to Singapore, Sonya is off to Michigan, US, Karin goes to Taiwan, and Audrey is off to Surabaya).

No matter where we would be,
Group 4 sticks until the end!

2 comments:

  1. It's funny how I opened my vision this week. It seems crystal clear right now: that I need to hurry to finish everything up, that I need to do Industrial Engineering, that I need to work in banks like what my family had planned for. I become realistic, if not pessimistic. But it's way better than being clueless

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as for you, this is what my Mum told me yesterday: "Don't worry, nak. You'll be fine by the time you're in the university. Somehow - how should I say - the aura is different. Your sister, as you can see, worried less - much less - than before in the community college. Hmm maybe it's because the people and society is different. It makes you want to study more."

    ReplyDelete