Saturday, July 2, 2011

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye

Farewell, farewell...

This post-final week was probably quite one of the busiest week in the past few months. Fact is, summer is coming as I mentioned in the previous post. With summer's coming, college students prepare to go back to their home countries for summer vacation, moving out/in, transferring, etc. I wasn't going back to Indonesia in a short period of time nor moving out nor transferring, but it doesn't mean I just stayed at home while my friends were moving out/in, transferring, and going back home.

Agnes' farewell was merely one out of quite many farewells I attended. Another one (out of many other farewells) took form as a graduation+prom event held by Indonesian Student Organization.

It took place on June 10, 2011 in Saint-Clare Hotel, San Jose. Remember the invitation design I showed you? Yep it was for this event.
At first, I kind of doubted whether to attend or not, but then exactly three days before the D-day, I made up my mind to attend. Later I was bothered with the fact that I didn't have dress and shoes that matched the theme: classy. Two days before the D-day, I went to the mall after school to look for a dress (it was the quickest dress hunting, trust me), and the next day, I did the same thing only that time, I looked for a pair of matching shoes.

I had quite a lot of selections when it comes to dresses, starting from bright pink, marine blue, pastel cream, to finally...black. Black is after all the most neutral color (besides matching the prom's dress code), so I was thinking I could reuse the dress for some upcoming occasions.


The proud graduates!

The transfer students were the main focus throughout the prom. I gotta say the whole graduation+prom event worked out really well. I truly saluted the committee who had worked for the event, despite only having up to six members. They surely have put a lot of effort to make it all happen. The food served for fine dinner was successfully indulging. The event itself was quite entertaining, pretty spontaneous at some points, and most importantly...organized!

After the event came to its end, we took pictures at the lobby.









Some other farewells include BBQ in Watsonville held by International Student Volunteer. The event was actually very fun but too bad I don't have the pictures. But I'd love to post about the story next time.

Well, following farewells, since some transferring students moved out, the roommates of those transferring students (they are remaining students) moved out as well. These remaining students looked for some other places to live, possibly even sharing apartment with other remaining students. At least it's better for them rather than leaving alone after their roommates move out to the university.

Anyway, I helped these remaining students move out as well. I did help by loading furnishings into the car. So yeah, it was quite a busy week.

And...the last farewell that concluded the whole farewell weeks just happened yesterday.

This week, I'd been informed that Kevin Halim, Aymee's boyfriend, was going to take off to Jakarta on July 1 midnight. I had anticipated to take him to the airport along with my friends, and especially he's one of the transferring students (he's going back to Jakarta for summer vacation before going to his university on August).

After finishing my early evening class on June 30, Elda told me that Jessica, another friend of mine, was going back to Indonesia the same night as well. I thought of taking Jessica and her sister, Sharon, to the airport and leaving Halim's farewell plan.
However, it turned out that Halim's flight would be nearly at the same time as Jessica's (despite having different flights). So there was a chance for me and Elda to meet up with Halim and his party at the airport. at the same time of Halim's flight, despite having different flights.

From school, I took off straight to Jessica's apartment after picking up Elda at my apartment's bus stop. We had dinner at Krung Thai with Kak Ijan and Kak Rocky in Santa Clara before taking off to San Francisco International Airport (SFO).

We arrived at SFO at around 10.00 pm and immediately took Jessica and Sharon to the check-in counter. Elda and I helped them to load the baggage.

After they got their boarding passes, we all got to meet with Halim and the party in another aisle.


See you on August in Jakarta, Halim!
(From left to right: Ray, Nancy, Halim, Aymee, me, and Elda)


Awwww.....you'll see him again on August, Aymee dear.


The home-comer and the non-home-comer


Roomies and the couple.


The sisters are ready to embrace hometown
(From left to right: Elda, Jessica, Sharon, and I)


After a short chat, Jessica and Sharon entered the scanning place, although it was still an hour before the boarding time (12 am). Halim still wanted to stick around for a while before 12 with the others. Elda and I decided to go home since it was already late and we didn't want to make Kak Rocky wait for us any longer.

So the farewell at the airport concludes the whole farewell week, as mentioned. Right now, I'm looking forward to seeing SFO on August 6, which is (OMG) only a month away. Seriously I never expected time would fly this fast.

Have a nice trip/flight for transferring students, whoever's going somewhere for summer vacation, or moving out!
Safe drive, have enough rest, and enjoy your summer!


SFO farewell pictures are credit to: Elda

No comments:

Post a Comment