Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sweets have never been so tempting

Apparently I don't have enough spirits to post any stories significant to my recent life. Right after spring quarter was done, I only had about four days to take a deep breath then another tense life waited after the weekend.

If you ask, I've been doing just fine. Good news is...


Picture by Martin Neuhof

summer is
h e r e ! !
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Say yay, beacheessss!!

So, hello sandals, shorts, T-shirts, tank tops, BIKINI (dude, I'm saying this as if I have one), and uh thin-layered outfit. I guess I've said this for zillionth time but if I have enough time, I'll definitely post some stories here. Hopefully that time will come pretty soon, cos writing stories indeed takes up a lot of time. So full dedication is strongly required.

In the mean time, I'd like to show you guys some of my latest artworks. I'm doing this cos I don't know what to post aside of stories. I simply want to keep you guys posted.

This is the final project I have for Web design class. I gotta say it took up a lot of time and hardwork on it but I'm satisfied about how it turns out to be! Well, the professor actually only allowed max 3 pages. But I ended up making 4 and had no idea which page I had to eliminate in order to meet the qualifications!


Homepage


Premade cake selection


Cake information


Customize cake

Anyway since the theme of the final project is making a fictional self-established company website, I came up with the idea of making a unique pastry/cake shop! Apparently there was someone else in the class who had a similar idea, so I decided to alter the concept a little bit. My cake business is a bit different since I allow visitors to customize their own cake and order it.

Even the professor said this to me:
"You should open up this shop. That's your next assignment."

Ha. Right on, sir. First I need investments and I'm gonna need a couple of people to help open this business. First and foremost, the most fundamental thing ever to do is: I might need to change my major to business or culinary arts haha.

Anyway, what a fun thing to do, right?

Back to spring-summer transition. I had a great time on the weekend. Okay, I know I said I wouldn't post stories but it wouldn't be such a big trouble for me to post one of them briefly. With spring's done, a lot of my friends are transferring, moving out, moving in to a new apartment, graduating, or going back for summer vacation. I attended like 4 farewells over the weekend.

One of the farewells I attended is Agnes'. Well, she's going back to Hong Kong for summer. My friends and I planned to hang out with her before she went back.

Right after finals, we went to have lunch at KFC (we were actually going to have lunch at Curry House but then it was packed with people so...), then we had karaoke.
While waiting for the bus, we took bunch of pics.



...even the bus wasn't able to stop our narcissism mode.





It took a while for us to get to Music Tunnel. We stopped by at KFC near the bus stop. Before choosing KFC, we were thinking to have late lunch at Curry House, but unfortunately, it was still closed. So, KFC is the alternative choice.

Afterwards, we went on to release our tension in Music Tunnel! We sang songs in various languages. Mostly Chinese, Cantonese, and English for sure, but other than that, we also tested our multilingual skills through Korean and Japanese songs







Guess what song we sang to below. It's pretty easy, so if you're a fan of music, you should know about it.



Get it?

We finished our karaoke quite later than expected, but that didn't stop us to continue hanging out. I remember that Agnes also wanted to see a movie. After all, it had been planned before Karaoke, so we decided to go to AMC to check what was on cinemas.



It was such a pain to wait for the bus. It took hella long time. We were quite in a rush because we were planning to catch a movie before 9pm, otherwise we'd have to walk our way home at around 12 (by the time the movie finished, cos there were no more buses operating at that time). We got there pronto. The line for the ticket box was quite long, considering it was Friday and Friday was always the premiere day of new movies.

It was Cars premiere screening day. As a fan of Pixar movies, it's one of the most anticipated movies for me. I was kinda sad at first since Terry already watched it, but we quickly found the solution: Super 8. We all haven't seen it and I checked the rating on internet and the movie received positive reviews (It even beat up Xmen in Box Office Chart!) So yeah, we went on with it.



Overall, the movie's quite interesting. At first I thought it was quite predictable, but seeing it was produced by Steven Spielberg, I gave it an excuse and changed my mind. We were practically entertained with it. I love the storyline and the acting, especially the grown up Elle Fanning really pulled it off.

After the movie, it turns out that I needed to walk all the way home since the bus was no longer operating (it was around 11pm that night, and I was only wearing shorts, slippers, and thin, 3/4-sleeved cardigan). Good heavens my apartment is located nearly two blocks away from the cinema, but with all the darkness surrounding me, it was quite a challenge.

The night was still seemingly young, as I crashed into a neighbor/friend's party and thankfully managed to stay myself sober. My neighbor was transferring to SoCal, so it was going to be her last weekend before moving out.

Anyway, I don't know why but I'm always having this identity-crisis. Nothing big or whatsoever but a lot of people have mistaken me as a Vietnamese, Thai, Filipino, Taiwanese, and Chinese. Never Indonesian, despite that's what I really am.

It really struck me when an international student I met in Anthropology class went on to me and said. "Are you a resident here?" I don't know why she could identify me as an American. Not just once, but I've encountered quite few people saying that. I feel flattered though, maybe it's a sign for me that my English has slightly improved (yay), but still, I'm proud of being an Indonesian!

Speaking of nationalism, I've got one story I really feel like sharing.
So stay tuned yo! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment