Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Artsy week

Long time no see! I'm pretty sure I've missed out a lot of important things to tell here. Great deal of experiences have happened throughout my absence in the blog and if I wanted to share all the magnificent things here, there will be way too many.

This post will be dedicated yours truly to my recent digital artwork. Yeah, I gotta say I've been quite productive when it comes to art these days, thanks to my Web Design class.

The idea is, I was to create three homepage designs based on three different themes.

Corporate
It has to be somehow professional, formal, and clean-looking and must be related to technology or business...

...and I kinda hate how mine turns out to be.



Small Business
Got any company to establish in mind? I came up with a private cinema where you can basically rent movies, watch them there, or simply bring them home.


Scratch #1: Normal mode


Scratch #2: Hover mode
If you hover over one of the option boxes (that take form as a film roll), one of the box will enlarge and a light will be reflected out of the projector at the bottom of the page.



Pop Culture
The concept is basically anything flashy, extreme, and dynamic that easily draws people (particularly teenagers). Too bad I couldn't come up with something specific cos the theme is just way too wide. Considering I'm a teenager, there are too much themes popping up in mind. Anyway I managed to come up with one and I'm not even sure you can sense the pop culture theme here.

Yeah, I came up with Greek myth theme. Too boring, you think?


Version 1.0


Version 2.0


Version 3.0
Most favorite version. You can tell, can't you?


Aside of doing website sketches on Photoshop, I used up my Photoshop trial as a chance to produce as many as artwork before it's expired. Well, no jaw dropping works as of now. But good thing that this month is quite an artsy productive month for me.

Anyway, speaking of artsy... (well this entire post does speak about it, doesn't it?), I've recently got elected as the graphic designer of my college's International Student Volunteer Club. Starting from late May, I've been in charge for graphic and design-related issues. Some of my works below are stuff I did for the club.







Right now I'm working on the club logo. It should be done pretty soon.

Here's another digital work I did. This one, requested by my friends, is for my college's graduation and prom. At first, the design was a bit cluttered in all sides of it, even until the invitation itself reaches the point of being printed out and given away to the attendees. Well, I hope they didn't notice all the clutter and the slight mistake.



Well, that's all I have so far. I'm looking forward to posting more, now I'm getting back to my homework and studies...or at least I'm trying to.

Have a nice weekend!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment