Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Save your energy :)

Phiew, I'm currently taking a break from writing about my trip to Taiwan as you can see.
It's been a quite busy week for me, since now I'm taking two weeks of part time job at EF shortly after finishing all levels. Working was quite a normal experience to me especially in the very first days, but then I changed my mind as soon as I made friends at workplace :)
I find that working is a fun, extraordinary new thing for me!!

I got to learn lots of stuff I haven't done before. Thanks to EF staff, especially from Cinere for the guidance. I'm a rookie, haven't experienced much on this stuff. :)



s



This week, the promotion at the previous EF branch I worked in was over, and now it's time for another EF branch to begin their promotion week. This EF is much closer to my house and I've started working there since Monday.

Um, oh in case you're wondering, yes, I'm leaving for the US next week. Apparently my mom didn't approve my choosing to be enrolled at Binus International majoring in Art and Design. Apparently she has planned all the way to send me to US even before my acceptance in Binus. So, yeah, bye Binus.

Sad?
Well, in one side yes, sure. Will you feel sad to leave your hometown for months or maybe a year? Frankly I don't want to feel that way, even though maybe I'll experience that phase, but hopefully not that severe until I have to cry rolling on the floor *soap opera much?* -___-. I'll try to be excited as I can as my friend told me in Facebook. "Are you excited?"
I'm about to reply to her that "Yes, I have to be excited somehow!"

Everyone who have to leave their hometown to pursue a career somewhere else must at least experience this phase.

Plus,
SMTown artists will be coming to LA on September 4!
There will be SNSD, Kangta, BOA, SHINee, f(x), and even... *clears throats*

SUPER JUNIOR.



I've reserved a ticket but looking forward to paying it as soon as I arrived in the USA. Even though LA is considered near to my college town, Cupertino (near San Francisco), but the transportation is still highly needed. I'm still looking for the flight schedule, the hotel, and more important...a friend to accompany me all the way from Cupertino to Staples Center, the concert venue.

I don't want to put my hopes too high though. I'm thankful already that someone has offered me tickets and I've reserved one. But for now, I just want to think about college and settling down. I need time to adapt and get used to American culture, people, and surroundings. :)

There's something else that bothers my mind right now.
No, not about the college, not even about the SMTown Concert. Well, it's another concert. My concert, and it's coming ahead in like...A WEEK!!

Anyway, it's funny somehow when I speak about two different concerts at the same time to my dad (SMTown and my violin concert), these topics get a bit mixed up.

Rhondo Alla Turca has been a hella song for me. Nice song. I can play it a bit on the piano, but violin? Well...it's as difficult as the piano version. Hard to tell.

Another trouble that bothers me and maybe this isn't that necessary:
All musicians participating in the concert WON'T BE PAID.
Otherwise, us - musicians - have to pay a certain amount of money (considerably pricey for me) to pay for the production items, stuff like electricity, stage, consumption, etc.

I'm not being money oriented or anything.
I'm talking about the talent the institute uses. We're not doing any charities, in fact us - musicians - are offered to promote the music school. We help the music school to gain success and attract more people to sign up, at least we need something in return. It's like, you see that branded products hire musicians, actresses, or singers to help them promote their stuff, and in return, those artists do get something or paid, in this situation.

So please, music school, if you care about us, you'll give us something to us as a gratitude sign rather than ask us to spend more and more money for you.
It doesn't have to be money. But at least, don't ask us to pay if it's for nothing to be given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment