Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Midnight Workout

A couple of days ago, I was invited by the ISV members to come to campus' quarterly event, Storm the Night Dance. The event took place on Friday, June 8, and I didn't decide on going until my friends dragged me to it. Well, I thought, why not? I came to the similar occasion two quarters ago, and everything should be the same as it was. For a note, I'm not a party-goer. I don't go to clubs and dance till morning, but well, I do sometimes love to step on the dance floor...with the condition: no alcohol.

The preparation for Storm the Night Dance was considerably sudden for me, as I looked up for the dress a few hours before the party commenced, meanwhile most of my friends already got all the stuff they'd been planning to wear since a week ago. I strolled in Valley Fair on my own and finally my attention was hooked on a simple, mini black dress with a black rose embroidery on the left shoulder, complete with a belt.

ISV people were supposed to gather around in Lynn's place before leaving to the venue (which was at school) at 9.00 pm, but apparently we spent too much time on make-up. Only the girls though. The guys were patiently waiting outside lol.


I left with Agnes, Catfish, and Lynn. It was 9.45 pm when we took off and we still needed to pick up Van who lives in Sunnyvale. I know, we were super late for the party and we only had two more hours to have fun before the committee had to wrap it up.
Time to have some fun!
Basically I'm just going to post the pictures and maybe put captions on some of them.

ISV forms a dance circle yeah!

Later on, I met my two Indonesian friends, Jessica and William, who were apparently surprised to see me in this kind of occasion. At one point, some random guy led the entire invitees to dance along with him, kind of like a mass aerobic session. The movements reminded Jessica, William, and me of poco poco dance. Weirdly enough, three of us tried to demonstrate the poco poco dance out of randomness to see if it was similar enough with the dance being led at that time. YOLO.


DAT GAZE!

Barefeet girls!
Our feet ached from jumping on heels!
When we took our heels off and stepped on the wet grass in the chilly night...
IT WAS SO DARN COLD!!!

*seriously I felt my feet were temporarily frozen




Koosha and Cynthia are having so much fun!
(btw, oh hi Erin...*the guy in the back*)

 
By the way, at one point during the dance, two strange boys came up to me and tried to have some talk with me. One of them whispered to another in a pause, sort of asking him what to ask me. I was so dumb not to realize immediately that they were actually hitting on me and the hints are as follows:
  1. One of them asked me where I got the glowing neon bracelet. I told him to go to the welcome booth at the entrance, but he hesitated to go. I kind of sensed he actually wanted ME TO WALK HIM THERE. dafudge
  2. The same guy asked “Do you have a boyfriend?” I had to say I did so that he didn't hit on me any longer. However, he continued “Are you married?” The fudge dude are you high or something?
  3. The other guy asked “Hey my friend right here doesn't have a date tonight. Do you want to dance with him?” I refused, of course. HELL NO.
  4. When I was about to turn to my friends, one of them stopped me from doing so, saying “Hold on, why are you going to your friends when you have us?” Four words to both of you gentlemen. Go poo your self. Or at least your common sense.
Good thing one of my Indonesian friends came up and handed me the camera (yeah, while I was being interrogated by these two strange guys, my friend borrowed the camera, which might explain why I wasn't on some of the pictures). Weirdly, my friends didn't help me to get away from those guys because they thought those guys were MY FRIENDS.lol

Anyway, I asked my Indonesian friend to distract me and take me away from them. Thank you so much for saving me from these weirdos!

Apparently, I wasn't the only victim. Some of my friends later told me that they bumped into the same guys and explained that they were in their drunken state in the party (despite the event itself prohibits any forms of alcohol). Those guys must have drunken heaps of liquors before entering the party.

Anyway, no more complaints. Let's have some more fun!



Mona and Chika! Two kawaii Japanese girls!

Not sure what Luna tried to do to Channon by placing her hand on his back


The staircase family, with Eric the tallest among all


The party went on and it came to an end at 12. Some people begged the DJ to play some more songs, but once it ends, it couldn't be continued any further. This is not a club in the end. This is a school event, and everything had to go according to its schedule.

So yeah, no encore. Bummer...




The girls I mentioned earlier and I tiptoed all the way to Agnes' car barefeet. We were planning to go to Zoey's house for an afterparty, but the party at Agnes' car was supposed to drop by at Ihop to buy something to eat during the afterparty, while I guess the other party should be buying drinks.

Zoey's house was packed with more than I expected. The later the night got, the more people came to chill and have fun. Some people decided to play some silly game, while I was enjoying myself playing playstation with the other party (I actually played Naruto, which is strangely fun). By the time I needed to go home, the boys switched the game to Winning Eleven. Sometimes, life's totally unfair... -_-

Well, I had a great time overall that night. Yeah, if only I didn't have driving lesson the next day, I would love to stay overnight with a dozen of people in one room.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment