Monday, June 25, 2012

Last week in community college....

The finals week is approaching, and here I am posting something on the blog (yeah right).

I just finished one final exam, for today. Well, you wouldn't call it an exam, as it was a critique for my color theory class final assignment. I worked my butt off on it until 4am, and when I thought I could wake up 3 hours later to attend French revision before its final exam, I overslept.

So, here I am, at the last week in community college before a whole new chapter starts within two months. It feels like it was yesterday when I first posted this.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Anyway, the week before, I attended ISV's last meeting of the quarter. As for me, it would be my very last ISV meeting or probably club meeting in my college, before hell-oh university! 

Last weekend, I already completed my very last volunteer activity, which is to paint visitors' (mostly children's) faces in a health organizational event. No pictures taken, sadly, but I had a great time doing my job that time. I had 0 experience in facepainting but after a short briefing (even without training), I pulled it off.

Got three precious goodies in a day!
Certificate for being the club member
Certificate of Appreciation for being Graphic Designer of the club
Starbucks gift card for being one of the highest volunteer hour achiever

Yay to those!!

Although it was the last meeting, fewer people came yet we had some special guests:
Susan, the club advisor, and Johnson, the 7th president of ISV who used to run the club a couple of years ago. Jessica (the current graphic designer, my successor), and I had a warm chat with Johnson where he shared who the graphic designer during his period and how she was like.

Presented by Bill, the former president whom I got to work with as a graphic designer last year

Presented by Johnson, the 7th president of ISV. So honored... :'D

The boys chillin'. lol




This is one of the reasons why I would definitely miss college. I just figured out that the university where I'm going to transfer to wouldn't have things like clubs as the student life will be 90% focused on their studies. No kidding. So ISV will certainly be missed. It's been a major part of my college life for over a year. I've seen the club progressing since January 2011 up until now, seeing new members popping up and perishing, generation after generation...

...well, I need to stop this before I sound like an old grannie any longer.

Well, anyway, thank you so much ISV for shaping me into what I am now, training me that at some points in life, we don't only need others' help, but others do need our help too. I hope the current and future members will commit to participating in the activities not solely for university application. 

Simply just have fun with it :)

Photos of the meeting are courtesy of:
~Eric Wong~



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment