Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bed Positions and Sleep Disorder



Note: nothing creepy in this post. Just sayin'
You can see a related post on the same topic here: Inception Much
 
I seriously need to check myself up to psychologist or a psychiatrist back in Jakarta

This freaking sleep paralysis is STILL bugging me
I don't constantly have this everytime I sleep, which is a good thing; but the bad thing, I thought I got this over-with but it's still going on...
 
...for over a year.
(see, this disorder is no joke)
 

Recently, I discovered that my sleeping position actually affects of me suffering this symptom, and that is after I sent my dad the picture of my room to see my current bed's position. He told me to refrain myself from sleeping while facing the wall on my side (because my bed's position was right at the wall). It might have anything to do with the interaction between two energies opposing each other, sort of like a north magnetic pole and a south one. My body might have this energy A while the wall consists of energy B, and the two don't seem to interact well, thus creating a resisting effect which takes form of sleep paralysis during my REM phase.

Sleep paralysis is an unpleasant experience. Nothing visually scary, supernatural-ish or whatsoever, but you know by the time you go through it, you feel an incoming terror within you, which leads to a panic feeling...

...well, except the time when my sleep paralysis was followed by dreams where I saw my roommate speaking gibberish while turning into an old hag, me hearing to crazy and noise/loud music that triggered my panic (of course the noise didn't exist in reality) while I was still stiffened in bed.

I took an introductory psychology class last year, got to learn the symptom and disease, but the professor never really told us all how to cure it. Guess I just need to find out myself.

Lucid dreams and sleep paralysis occurs in the fifth stage of sleep cycle
http://lucidchan.org

I also recently asked my friend who majored in psychology. Though uncertain of the cause, she suggested me that I took an hour of gap between being on the computer to sleeping. She also said it might happen due to over-exhaustion. Possible. before These days, I've tried to sleep with my back facing the wall. At first it works, but later, it comes up again, no matter how many times I've changed my sleeping positions. The experience is brief; only lasts for five minutes from the moment you start your REM phase. Yesterday, I woke up many times during my nap (every five minutes), just because when I closed my eyes for a brief moment, this SP symptom occurred.

Whenever that happened, I woke up, felt slightly annoyed that I got a little mad (I don't know to whom). "I just wanted to get some sleep!" but I overcame my complaint since it wouldn't help, and spent some time to pray to God, asking Him for some protection from any disturbance during my sleep.
UPDATE: I just changed my bed position thanks to Elda. So far nothing happened and I'm sure this kind of treatment would do just find. I hope everything would go well from now. Just two weeks before moving out!!

OMG that's very soon...


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment