Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Some junks that might worth to see

It's been an exhausting day today. I don't know why. The thing is, I only had two classes. Yeah, two yet energy-spending ones. Web design class starts to get a little busy starting from today, with all the presentation and upcoming first project that will be given on Thursday. I also studied all night long yesterday for today's English quiz, only to find out that it was postponed.

So bed was all I needed today. I went home and literally slumped myself on the bed. I took a nap for two hours (that's even longer than my usual nap time length) and got a very weird dream, which I'm going to tell you about it whenever I feel like writing it.

Anyway, I won't write much today. Just want to keep you posted. It came to my mind that I haven't showed any of my artwork that I did last quarter in Beginning Drawing class. So here are what I basically created. They might not really spoil your sight and not as professional looking as you might have expected.
But hope they would at least worth to see.


Title: Bench
Drawn on: red carton
Materials: 2B pencil and white colored pencil
Note: Not finished yet but I love how it actually gives a slight sense of 3D. I don't know if you see that way.


Title: The Well-Respected Figure
Drawn on: brown carton
Materials: 2B pencil and white colored pencil
Note: I'm very suuuure that he was actually someone famous. Can't figure out who. Let me know if you find out!



Title: The Globe Showered in Light
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: charcoal pencil
Note: I was about to submit this work as my final in-class project to be graded (cos most in-class projects are merely practice and ungraded), but it was ripped at the middle top. TT__TT


Title: A Chair's Silhouette
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: charcoal pencil
Note: Another in-class project. Sorry, for the blurry picture. Can't seem to get it right.


Title: Self-portrait 1
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: It's my very first take-home project, done at the beginning of the course. But I've managed to improve my self-portrait skills throughout the course. You'll see it right below.


Title: Self-portrait 2
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: It was done for my final project. Look at the drastic transformation. It doesn't look THAT good, but still, I'm surprised to see how my drawing skills have fully increased throughout the quarter.



Title: Masked
Drawn on: white A2 paper, transparent paper
Materials: 2B pencil, permanent OHP pen, color pencil
Note: My final project. The mask features the theme of mardi gras. The unique looking items you see represent my interests and hobby. It was drawn on a transparent paper that was placed on top of the self-portrait 2.



Title: Frogs
Drawn on: Newsprint paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: Not good at drawing animals. Nuff said.



Title: Jar
Drawn on: Newsprint
Materials: charcoal pencil
Note: I practiced on making a shiny effect on this bronze jar.



Title: Portrait of a Friend
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: Portrait of my friend Aymee. Hopefully it looks just like the real person.


Title: Kristin Chenoweth caricature
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: One of my most favorite projects. Just can't believe that I can actually draw caricatures!


Title: Wooden, small-scaled home
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: Nothing special about this, except the fact that I made this on the verge of sleeping in the class



Title: Twins!
Drawn on: black carton
Materials: white colored pencil
Note: The only project in the class that involves collage. Sprouse twins FTW!


Title: Studying
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: Pen
Note: The project makes me practice my skills in drawing with continuous line.



Title: Anonymous
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B and 4B pencils
Note: I'm also pretty sure he's someone famous. The teacher mentioned about his name in the class but I forgot it!



Title: Bonsai
Drawn on: newsprint
Materials: charcoal pencil
Note: My first negative space/silhouette project.



Title: Face proportion
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: She looks like EMMA ROBERTS! How scary is that?



Title: Life Drawing
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil
Note: My last in-class project. Basically each student was to strike a pose in front of the class, and we all have to draw his/her pose in approx. 30 seconds. Excuse the clutters.



Title: Backyard
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials:
ink pen (or G-pen) and permanent OHP pen
Note: My least favorite project which uses Van Gogh sketchy drawing style. I could've made better than this.


Title: Frowning
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials: 2B pencil

Note: I used several shading styles. I kinda hate the way I drew the eyebrows. She looks fierce instead of...frowning


Title: Going to Balloon Exhibition
Drawn on: white A2 paper
Materials:
Marker, mechanical pencil, O.H.P marker, color pencil
Note: My best and most favorite project!!! It's actually midterm project though. The pictures at the first and the last storyboard are cut right from a magazine. I was to make the connection between those two pictures, which ends up as a movie storyboard.


Title: King Kong
Drawn on: newsprint
Materials:
Charcoal
Note: Naomi Watt's expression = FAIL T_T

Well, I guess that's it. I gotta either study now or revise my essay. Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day. Not so much to do for tomorrow though, but tomorrow's classes will be mostly lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment