Sunday, March 6, 2011

WOCHENENDE


Peopleeeeeee!
I'm totally done for this week!
It's been a freaking busy week for me
Final paper, art projects, long-period assignment, homework, all mostly due this week, but glad it's done.
*sigh deeply*
Basically I've nothing specific to discuss here. Just want to greet y'all since it's been AGES for me not to post. Where the heck have I been? I guess my statement earlier can explain everything? I've been doing good lately, aside of my stressing, brain-squashing college life. Everything else is fine.

I've made new friends recently, particularly boys. They're effin fun! Just in case you don't know, one of them - especially - is an avid gamer. He initially invited me, Aymee, and another boy to come over to his apartment and have this playstation session.



You know what's even better? He has Crash Team Racing (CTR). I was literally surprised when I figured out about that, because the fact is, Crash Team Racing is a popular game that dates back to the time when playstation 1 was a hype.

I reallyreallyreallyreallyreally miss this game so much! I still have my playstation 1 and the game as well back home. But you know what they say about old stuff: the longer it exists, it will gradually lose its ability. So yeah, my point is, my CTR game doesn't work anymore. But so far, among all racing games that I've played, CTR is the best one I've ever played, despite its appearance for being a kid's game much like Mario Kart. But this game totally beats every other more-realistic-looking car racing games.

You wouldn't imagine what it felt like being reunited to a game I haven't got to play for the past five years. It was a heavenly feeling. I couldn't even stop reassuring myself if it was a dream the first time I played this game after five years *exaggeration*. Well, at least you get the idea right?

Sooo many things I want to share here! But since I'm not on the story-telling mode on, I'm just going to give you a couple of pictures instead with brief explanations.





These pictures above were taken on the not-really-latest volunteer events, where we all worked together to reorganize the cans. Quite a tiring job but actually it was fun! The place was such a mess though, but it was so much fun if done together with friends.

The venue was in Milpitas, and since it took place near a landfill, you can imagine all the mess. But again, it was tons of fun! Especially after the event, we had lunch in a nearby noodle house.







And those three pictures up here were snapped from the very latest event. The venue was close to my campus so it didn't take a while to get there. Unlike the previous volunteer events - which are food-related - this event was kind of different. It wasn't food anymore that we were dealing with right there, but we dealt with autistic children.

I felt a bit touched seeing them in the first place, but seeing how they acted as if they were no different than us, like how they did things the way we are, cycling, working out, singing, and dancing, gave me a different impression towards them.

What else?
Uhm...
Oh anyway, I have something else to show you. It's not a really big thing but I'm quite proud of it. It's an art midterm assignment. Basically this nice professor told the students to create some sort of a storyboard of 6x4 boxes. Then we were to pick out two pieces of picture taken from the magazine by the professor. One picture for the first box and another one for the last. We had to make a connection between those pictures, no matter in a narrative storyboard or morphing style.

Here's how mine turned out. It took me 12 hours to work on it and even on the D-day, I still haven't finished the coloring and the finishing touch. The solution that came with it was that I had to skip a class before the art class in order to finish the project.

It was really worth it! I got positive reviews from my classmates and teacher, and even I got an A+! :3



What my storyboard really tells is really simple. Compared to other works my friends made, mine is far from creative. Basically, I just viewed it from camera's point of view, which rotates, zooms in, focuses, follows up, and constantly changes objects to follow. The last and first pictures are actual pictures taken from the magazine.

Anyway I actually have got some much more stories and pictures to share, but it's like 3 o'clock in the morning here and I'm having sleep deprivation, which is bad. I gotta get my butt on the bed and had my beauty *ahem* sleep. No, just kidding. I don't have much stuff to do today. It's Sunday for God's sake! Sunday is the only chance I can ever wake up late. lol. So glad I don't have much homework. Maybe I'll just have to do a bit previewing and reviewing before the finals *gulps, don't remind me*.

Winter quarter is coming to its end, and class registration for next quarter will be up by Wednesday. I'll have to struggle and get all the classes I want before the seats are full! Especially by the time the registration is open, I'll be in my dance class. I just wish the professor will give me and my friends permission to register for classes first.

Well, I've been talking too much, ey? Yet random?
I'm starting another documentary series on this blog, which is homecoming. The words a bit off the track from my daily ones, probably since I've been reading 1984 by George Orwell. A doubleplusgood novel, which means, really a great novel. So my style of writing becomes sliiiiightly altered. Good thing I haven't started writing in newspeak (the language used in the novel)

I hope you guys enjoy it. Wow, I AM talking too much, yes? I've got to stop here. Right here! Night peeps! Or should I say...morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment