Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Bruin, A Trojan, An Orange Dot (Part 2)

Hey guys, as promised, here's the second part of my campus visit tour. About two weeks after my visit to UCLA, Bella, Kenneth, and I decided to visit Kenneth's campus, USC. I think I mentioned this before, but I've visited USC campus for so many times, but the campus vibe it has never keeps me from coming.

Before visiting the campus, the three of us met up in Little Tokyo, which is only a couple of minutes of drive from USC, to have late lunch. We dropped into this restaurant called Oomasa in Japanese Village Plaza.


Afterwards, Bella and I went to Kenneth's apartment located near the downtown to park our cars in his garage. I dropped by at the lobby to go to the restroom. Kenneth's apartment is probably the fanciest apartment I've ever laid eyes on during my stay in the US. It has a thick classic, renaissance feel to it, the kind of feeling you'd get if you enter a rich ambassador's house, not that I've been to one. Very luxurious. It just feels like a filthy rich's person mansion.

This picture might do the luxury justice


Yep, the apartment lobby had a freaking marble Greek statue with a small fountain underneath it.

Anyway, we went to USC, and strolled around. Almost all corners seemed so familiar to me, except that this time, we got to explore some other corners of the campus grounds that I've never walked into yet.

Nice lighting, just saying
Despite many times visiting the campus, I just realized I actually have never taken picture with the campus mascot itself, Tommy Trojan. Since I took a picture with the Bruin Bear, I thought I should also take a picture with Tommy Trojan in my USC visit.



...and let's not forget the horse, shall we?


I revisited the heart of the campus, which is filled with benches shaded with umbrellas for students to chill on. Adjacent to the benches are doors leading into the campus cafeterias. Even though the outdoor seats are empty (obviously, it was weekend), there were a few food stalls opened inside the cafeteria. Some students were even spotted to be plopping in their seats comfortably to study while munching on their food.


Later on in the day, the three of us were frantically looking for restrooms. We had to go find a restroom while we were in the Business Administration for Graduate Study building (or something like that. We visited that building because Bella's younger brother will attend the program next year, and she thought she'd take a look at the building). The building barely had any restrooms, despite the fact that we tried to climb up to the upper floors and scanned through the corridors. We managed to find the restrooms when we got into the School of Cinematic Arts.


USC, I believe, is also known for its school of cinematic arts. The walls filled with marks and signatures left by important figures in the industry had proven its legibility and popularity. The buildings are even named after two greatest filmmakers in Hollywood history: Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas. The buildings have the fanciest look out of all buildings in USC so far, but isn't it obvious since the program has been getting a lot of sponsors?

Too bad my phone's battery was dead after we visited the School of Cinematic Arts buildings. But anyway, we spent the rest of the tour visiting the library. Much to my surprise, this place has the highest level of student activity out of all other spots on the campus! Even more, it's weekend. I was expecting the students to go hang out instead of spending their time to study in the library.

We all left right at the sunset and I headed straight to Pasadena. This is pretty unusual for me because I commonly would stay out of home until after dinner, as I tend to get dinner outside, but heck I wanted to save up some money :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment