Friday, May 11, 2012

Your Highness!

Hello!! It's Thursday yay! Weekend is coming close
crap I have an evening class starting in half an hour...

Hope you guys have been having a good week. My week has been so-so. A bit exhausting actually, thanks to the business exam at the beginning of the week that took up lots of my time. Anyway...

I got a bad news. I lost my camera battery charger, so I won't be posting anything going on my daily life unless I got a new one (which I'm planning to do) or I borrow one that Elda has... :( :( It was sooo puny it disappeared all of a sudden and immediately.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I have a new addiction! Well, only for this particularly drama that makes you scream "I want more!" or "I can't wait for next week!" after one episode ends.


Rooftop Prince has been aired in SBS since March. I was first recommended by a friend and immediately got captivated by the story and everything else of the drama. I guess what captivates me the most aside from the sweet love story, which I would say a bit typical for a Korean drama, are the historical reference. Well, I know even the historical reference is completely inaccurate because the prince that Yoochun portrayed, as well as the complex plot involving the crown princess and her sister, are not real.

Perhaps the theme of the movie itself involves reincarnation, fate, time traveling, which adds more plus point to this drama that makes it distinct from any other typical Korean drama.

The Plot

While investigating the death of his wife, The Crown Prince of Joseon, Yi Gak, with his minions, Do Chi San, Woo Yong Sul, and Song Man Bo, were catapulted 300 years ahead. They landed on Park Ha's rooftop in the present day of Seoul. After a while, the prince and the minions found themselves quickly dependent on Park Ha, who provided her rooftop house to be their shelter.

One day, Yi Gak caught a glimpse of Se Na, Park Ha's sister, who bears an extreme resemblance to Yi Gak's late wife. At the same time, Yi Gak was mistaken to be the company's owner's lost grandson, Yong Tae Yong, a situation which forced the crown prince to pose as Tae Yong. Yi Gak was convinced that to be able to return to his era, he must get close to Se Na, realizing there was some kind of connection she had with the late Crown Princess.


The Lovers
Likely any other on screen Korean drama couples, Yi Gak and Park Ha entered a rough relationship as Park Ha found the prince to be completely clinging to her. I like their chemistry though, how Yi Gak's princely traits became the object of Park Ha's smart-mouthed scolds.



The Minions
The three minions are each gifted with distinct skills, which gave them advantages while living in the present era. I like the fact that they're the most adaptable compared to the prince (how their formal, ancient dialects shift to the casual, modern one).

The Baddies
Se Na might have the look and everything that a man desires, but the fact is, she's highly manipulative, cunning, and two face, traits that pretty much what bothers me. Her ally/lover is now notorious Tae Moo who started off as a nice guy at the beginning of the series.


I've never been this addicted to a Korean drama before. Well, I guess it shows how really good the drama really is it even captures a not-so-Korean-drama-fan's interest. I heard it got a quite decent rating, having its position along with The King 2 Hearts and Love Rain.

Episode 15 has been aired this week. 5 more episodes to go till we figure out what happens to these characters!


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Moving on from Korean stuff, time for a bit of fashion and western celebs!
MET Gala 2012 took place two days ago at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
Like usual, it was completely star-studded, say, an Oscar show for fashion. The best part of the whole red carpet moments was seeing fashion designers along with a celebrity as the red carpet "date", donning the designer's dress.

These are my 4 most favorite dresses spotted on the red carpet:

January Jones: She wore a bright yellow Versace number with some glass-ish features embedded on the chest line. Those glass actually what stands out among all features of her dress, which I found quite plain.
Sigrid Agren: There's something about her dress that appeals to me (guess she's in Chanel). For a dress that doesn't entirely touch the floor nor knee-length, I think she quite pulls of this dress. And I guess I fall in love with her heels...

Amber Heard: She pulls off an elegant look in Zac Posen's pink flowing dress, complete with the "mermaid tail" (I have a thing on "mermaid tail"-styled dresses). The pink looks a bit pale though. I love the features in the lower part of the dress, where the large bow attached to the hip line, and it goes well along with the whole dress design.
Scarlett Johansson: What's not to love about Scarlett? Well, I haven't seen her latest flick The Avengers, but she seriously got some charm on the red carpet! The dress design (Dolce and Gabbana) is good, but not really my favorite. The color, however, matches perfectly to her. One more thing, Scarlett always knows how to look pretty in an au-natural hair (I think she barely puts some touch up on it)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Whoa, guess I talked more than I should tonight eh?
By the way, I just figured out that I could earn some money by blogging.

So I decided to subscribe myself to monetize the blog. It's a feature on blogger where you can earn money by blogging. The earnings are determined by the increasing traffic you have on your blog. I've checked on my traffic status and it seems quite many of you have dropped by to my blog. Thank you so much for that!

I seriously still don't get how this thing works, because despite the number of traffic I have, my earning is still 0.00. Anyone knows how to handle this issue?

Well, I guess the more people come by to my blog, the more I'll earn.


Bottomline, you know what this means...


Come through more often to my blog!!!
*hands a box of chocolate to every blog visitors*

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 


To end my night rambling, I dug into my photo gallery and found this.
So I thought it might be a good idea for me to share what that is.

Can someone ship this thing from Singapore?
I miss it so bad.








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment