Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mellow oldies

First off, I just wanted to say...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAP!
Yes, today's my dad's birthday. Too bad I couldn't call to send my greetings directly to him. I'm all so occupied with midterms and I assume he's been busy too.
Just today I'm so bored listening to mainstream songs, and even often one or two songs were over-played on the radio they make me sick and I'm currently taking a break from Kpop since there's nothing really new from it. Later on, I bumped into this new chocolate commercial starring the gorgeous Audrey Hepburn (thanks to the insanely realistic CGI effect). The background music was captivating that I found out that it was Moon River, from Ms. Hepburn's acknowledged movie no other than Breakfast at Tiffany's (I gotta watch that movie).


I listened to a couple versions of the songs and one that really draws my interest the most is Frank Sinatra. The song is so alluring, subtle, and romantic at the same time that I couldn't help but imagine a scene of a romantic date in Paris on Christmas Eve (speaking of which, it's been a while for me not to write a fictional story. Ugh, art school life...)
In addition to Moon River, check out other songs that I've been listening to. These songs originally date back to the 50s-60s.
As for Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, this song reminds me of my high school days since this song is actually featured in one of the short stories I read in class, about a young woman who was waiting for the guy that has sent her letters from Europe (presumably Netherlands). It was incredibly sweet that I wanted to re-read it again, but then I forget what the story's called or even the author's name.






 
Back to realityyyyy
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I like "Moonlight Serenade" and "Moon River". About Demain J'arete, Daichi only danced for it. It was a Dance number so after that song, he dance for a R&B song and then for Calvin Haris' Rain.

    What does it mean anyway? Isn't it in French?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw thanks a lot for listening me, yah. I owe you a lot

    ReplyDelete