Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dots, lines, and tricks

I still don't have a chance to continue my North Sumatra story. Things have been quite hectic, particularly for one class. Yep, Design 2 has been energy and idea drenching for the past four weeks, where we all had to come up with 30 4"x4" abstract compositions. The requirements for each compositions vary, and so are the concepts.
Compositions: Symmetry, Asymmetry, Figure on Ground, Figure and Ground, Depth Gestallt, Pattern based on a decade (I chose 1920s), Unity by Diversity 
Color/Temperatures: Emphasis by Hue, Emphasis by Tint/Shades/Tones,
Emphasis by Saturation 
Concepts: Anomaly, Technology, Dynamic, Luxury (I screwed this one)



Ooh and before I wrap the post up, got two more finished pieces for Comm Design project!
Not sure why my professor likes this picture. I personally and frankly hate it. It actually originates from a real photo that I took before he modified it to look like this. Minimalist enough, maybe? Well, maybe that's what you call with conceptual thinking. Not everything has to be completely realistic looking

Since I'm personally not satisfied with how the first idea turns out to be, I took a second concept and I think I pretty nailed it :)
April fools! (It's still February though)
Hope you guys have a colorful week!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the first one :D I'm not sure why but yeah, I have the same taste with your professor's. The picture somehow catches my attention with the red color and vectorized elements. Nice job ex roomie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. About my blog: I've been doing the music thing for quite a while. Also, the picture is from deviantart, not me :P

    ReplyDelete