Monday, September 19, 2011

Jakarta Pt 6: Bring the noise!

Following my internship and some random activities during my 1 1/2 month of summer vacation in Indonesia, I've got a special project (not really) to work on. Actually it's my dad's but I'm there to aid him or in short, be some kind of his assistant. Besides, it's not just any project. Remember the previous post? It has something to do with this post's topic.

Sooo basically my dad helped this freshly established music club grow, along with my former homeroom teacher - Mr B - as the advisor. Thus dad constantly comes to coach every Wednesday during after school time. I was fortunate to attend the club meetings and witness all the fun to kill my boring afternoon.


Mr B and dad arranged the accompaniment using guitar


Rani the main vocalist


Tabitha had fun with the cajon


The multitalented Ambar demonstrated her ability on piano


I honestly felt so lame seeing these girls rocking the music. They've got some serious talents there for the world to see. When I visited them (as seen from the pictures), they were rehearsing for the upcoming school anniversary event. My dad and I helped them picking the suitable songs that we believed not just students, but teachers, adults, and other guests as well would enjoy.

The decision settled on doing the acoustic cover on Katy Perry's Firework and Ello's Buka Semangat Baru for the performance. Those songs coincidentally deliver similar message which is to cheer someone up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On Saturday the same week, I came to school right after attending a club reunion to observe the final rehearsal before the D-day.











Too bad I missed the rehearsal (cos I was late for an hour or so) but the gathering wasn't over not till we munched on the JCO donuts I brought for the girls and Mr B. Anyway the pictures above were taken by my dad who had been at school since the beginning of the rehearsal. I asked for the girls' progress and seemed everyone was ready for the D-day! Good to hear!

Recess time people!
To be honest I love these pictures below. They strongly show the hardwork expressed from the faces of these girls and how they finally got some time to relax. Even though I might not participate much and I was merely an audience, I truly appreciate the effort they've put for the performance. They deserve thumbs up for that!









Right after the recess, we all decided to go home since it was already dark. But we couldn't miss any single moment to take some more pictures!





This additional picture features Pak Pendi and Pak Aji who are also school staff, who apparently happened to be at school as well during that time :)



Sadly, I didn't get to meet the girls after this meeting. Last time I heard from Mr B that the girls were doing a great job on the school anniversary as expected, drawing the attention of not just school staff but the foundation members as well.

This means a bright future awaits for these talented girls!
Wishing all the best for the music club!

Stay tuned for the next post, cos I'm going to cover my Singapore vacay!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment