Thursday, September 15, 2011

Counting down the days


HI GUYS
It's been over a month since my stay in Indonesia.
I'll be going back on the 23rd of September, which is...next week.

Happy? sad? Well, I'm in between. Happy cos...
I MISS USA.
That's true!
Here: Crossing the road is INSANE, nobody seems to care when someone you hold the door to let them to pass by, no staying up late at friends', no FREAKING FREE MINERAL WATER

But on the other hand, I know I'm going to miss a lot of things I'd encounter in Indonesia, something that even a country as great as US could never replace.
  1. ~za FOOD
    Indonesian authentic food is definitely irreplaceable. There's actually an Indonesian restaurant where I live, but the price is ridiculous. But that's one thing I can tolerate cos I understand it must be hard to get those one-and-only Indonesian spices.

  2. ~za RAIN
    Yeah I'm a rain person. The sound of heavy rain, the smell of acid rain (not good though), being in the car and look through the window where water's dripping down while listening to the music, and umbrellas. No matter how you think how terrible these things are, but still, nothing's going to replace rain in Indonesia

  3. ~za TV
    It's a personal issue. I don't watch TV there.

  4. ~za CLIMATE
    I guess now I get why Americans love going to Indonesia: cos it's a place where you don't need to bother yourself by wearing layers of outfit! Or think about what to wear on spring!

  5. ~za HOUSE
    You know that song from Bolt? There is no home like the one you've got, cos that home belongs to you
    *tears* Quite explains everything. Last but not least...

  6. ~za ROOM
    I must say I love my bed there rather than here. The blanket I have in Cupertino is totally comforting and it can even make me sleep for hours! But well, there are no rooms in the world - even though, say, I get offered a room to stay at a palace in England - that are going to replace my one and only bedroom.
I'm pretty sure there must be lots more than just 6 irreplaceable things.
Anyway, *laconic mode on* I'm off to Singapore tomorrow. I'll be back on Sunday evening and hopefully I'll get to post some more interesting stories before I go back to the US on Friday next week.


gonna miss my desk...



Room sweet room.
Take care of yourself room and the other 5 irreplaceable things. See you next year!

Yeah I'm going back to Indonesia next year.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment