Sunday, December 5, 2010

SF!!!!

This is another San Francisco story, only this time, I got to go there with Elda instead with my mom. Basically what we did were eating and visiting some interesting places we'd been to, but never got to be there together.

We took off not-so-early in the morning to catch an afternoon train. From SF train's station, we went straight to Golden Gate bridge using the same old route I used when I went there with my mom.



What's different from that day's trip to Golden Gate, I'd never walked on the bridge, ever. Despite the limited time we had in SF, Elda and I decided to take a walk along the bridge.



We also got a glimpse of the city of San Francisco from the distance.


Next up, we went to Pier 39 by bus and helped ourselves with famous Dreyer's ice cream! Yum.








Luckily enough, I also got to take more pictures of Pier 39 than before, and got to explore a place there where I'd never gone to. It was a wooden platform facing the sea. Alcatraz stood right across the platform. I'd honestly never got a view of the small island this close.







Before taking off to San Francisco train station, we spotted a huge Christmas tree in front of the entrance. Whoa, it was late November when Elda and I visited SF, and seems everyone's preparing for Christmas already.



Well, at first we were planning to visit Union Square but it was already dark and we were afraid we wouldn't be able to catch a train home, so we went straight to the station.
Finally we hit Sunnyvale train station at 10 o'clock in the evening. Quite late huh? Then we had a late dinner in Wing Stop before heading home.

Even though San Francisco and Cupertino were considerably close and only required $6.00 for round trip train's ticket, I rarely go there.
Sad huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment